ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Feeding times per day

Registered Member

Default Feeding times per day

I just got 6 1.5” discus and got abw with baby spinach with them and they love it . I feed them in the morning befor work and as soon as I get home from work . I was wondering What type of food I can try in a automatic fish feed I was thinking of trying the ehium one . I want to make sure am giving them enough food and 2 times a day I ni is definitely not enough .

Default Re: Feeding times per day

Quote Originally Posted by Kfactor View Post
    I just got 6 1.5” discus and got abw with baby spinach with them and they love it . I feed them in the morning befor work and as soon as I get home from work . I was wondering What type of food I can try in a automatic fish feed I was thinking of trying the ehium one . I want to make sure am giving them enough food and 2 times a day I ni is definitely not enough .
    when going mine out, it was 6x a day.
    i used al's pellets in my auto feeder

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Kfactor View Post
    Feed them up, and keep up with water changes and you will do well. A good food to use in an automatic feeder is any of the granular foods or even freeze dried Black Worms...they can also be purchased in pallet form now.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member

I’ve been doing 50% water changes everyday and they seems to be really doing good so fare . Just want to find a good food for them well am at work. I want to make sure there getting enough food

I've always used a quality flake food in my ahem auto feeder at noon to supplement the am and pm feedings with fdbws.