AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Angelmania

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

Default Angelmania

Hi, Just received my order from Angelmania last week. I had ordered 5 angels, Philippine blue pearlscale silver angels and electric blue acara. Lee Gordon was good to deal with and provided excellent service. the engels are somewhere between dime and nickel size and the big ones are showing pearls small ones hopefully will develop some in few days. They do two day priority shipping through USPS and you are required to collect the fish from the local post office.

Customer service: My order was for 5 angels(+ 2 freebies from their promotion) and 2 acaras. They forgot to include 2 freebies and there was one DOA( given the harsh cold, I think it was expected). After contacting angelmania, they shipped out three angels at no cost to me. I think that was awesome and kudos to their customer service. Additionally, Lee was very responsive to my emails and kept me posted about my order.

Quality of fish: Fish are healthy, a little fin damage and ammonia burn due to transportation but nothing too bad. At this size it is difficult to say much but the fish look healthy to me. I will update in few month as to how these fish turnout.

Thanks,

Dhaval

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

Default Re: Angelmana

moderators - can you please edit the title - Angelmania

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

Default Re: Angelmania

Once the fish settled in and grew a little (had them for about a month)...I could see some serious issues with the quality of the fish.
    Angel: 1 was runt with crooked face. 2.the replacement fish provided were of inferior quality with poor health. The smaller fish without pearlscales never developed pearlscale as claimed.
    Acara: One fish had a crooked swimming fin (something which I can excuse at smaller size, but would expect an expert to notice).

In the end - A good guy selling bad quality fish!

I will not order again. And I continue to be skeptic about online live fish buying!

I had a similar experience over two orders. There were very obvious culls on some of the fish that should have been caught before they were ever shipped to me. I saw them as soon as the fish came out of the bags.

Registered Member

Angels plus is the go too folks for quality fish.
    Jay

There are many other than Angels Plus. Check out Aaquabid and read the reviews.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

I think angel plus is a bit pricey. I should have gone with Liz or Pardal as they were offering some nice angels for a great price.

Anyways, I am over angelfish now...will be adding some red spotted severum to my south american....any suggestions on where to buy these?