ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Cucumber...this is cool.

Default Cucumber...this is cool.

Cool as a cucumber... not the salad kind...this is really cool. When I bought this creature I was told they reproduce by dividing. I really hadn't counted on it actually doing that but it did. It turned dark and limp, I was sure it was dying. Then I saw it was pinched in the middle and had an idea of what was going on. After about two days I noticed the split was complete. You could see light between the two sections. The front section colored right back up and the back section is now growing it's own set of branching tentacles. Buy one, get one free! This tank has creatures that do really weird things...

Cucumber split.jpg
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Default Re: Cucumber...this is cool.

Jenene that is really cucumber cool! You know it would not do that if your tank was not optimum. Its a testament to the care you give it. Nice job!
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Jenene that is really cucumber cool! You know it would not do that if your tank was not optimum. Its a testament to the care you give it. Nice job!
    al
    Awe...thanks Al! Still lots to learn but finally finding some balance here.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Cool as a cucumber... not the salad kind...this is really cool. When I bought this creature I was told they reproduce by dividing. I really hadn't counted on it actually doing that but it did. It turned dark and limp, I was sure it was dying. Then I saw it was pinched in the middle and had an idea of what was going on. After about two days I noticed the split was complete. You could see light between the two sections. The front section colored right back up and the back section is now growing it's own set of branching tentacles. Buy one, get one free! This tank has creatures that do really weird things...

Cucumber split.jpg
    Very cool. I'm looking forward to getting mine going. I've got my rock curing in a bleach solution right now
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is