ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: 2 Day Shipping.

Registered Member

Smile 2 Day Shipping.

So, I've been offered some 2 Inch discus at a very nice price for the quality of fish. However they only offer 2 Day shipping. On most threads I see 1 day used. Can anyone see this as a problem/give me some idea of rough DOA rate I may experience.

Default Re: 2 Day Shipping.

How are they being bagged? Oxygen, heat packs, insulation? I use 2 day for a lot of stuff, but how they seller packages it matters a lot.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Adam S View Post
    How are they being bagged? Oxygen, heat packs, insulation? I use 2 day for a lot of stuff, but how they seller packages it matters a lot.
    +1
    I have used 2 day shipping successfully a few times, mostly to make it more affordable. Like Adam said, it depends on how they're packed. I also think it might possibly be better this time of year than in the summer when it is very hot, assuming they're not sitting out in freezing temps for too long. I would expect guaranteed live delivery anyway.

Real Name
    Willie

A lot depends on where you are and where they're shipped from. We have a week of single digit temperatures here in Minneapolis. I have all my shipments held at the FedEx office, the UPS office, or the Post Office. I pick them up myself so that the box doesn't sit in the back of an unheated delivery van.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    A lot depends on where you are and where they're shipped from. We have a week of single digit temperatures here in Minneapolis. I have all my shipments held at the FedEx office, the UPS office, or the Post Office. I pick them up myself so that the box doesn't sit in the back of an unheated delivery van.

Willie
    My Hans shipment on 12/27 arrived at my house off the delivery truck when it was 14 below zero here in MN and they all lived, but that was next day shipping. How they are packaged matters a lot.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Anthony

Does the seller guarantee live delivery?