discustoday.info     Australian Blackworms

Thread: Question regarding space

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Jordan Worboys

Default Question regarding space

Hey guys! New to this. I Have a question, so I have 1 discus in my 55 gallon tank I'd like to say she's about 5-6 inches. Then I just now got 4 clown loaches there about an inch and a half pretty small guys. I know they get big and I'm eventually going to increase my tank size to around 90 or more. But for the question if I go to the store and pick up some more discus for my 55 gallon tank, what would u consider a safe number with the loaches. Keep in mind the new discus I would get would be small ones like 1.5 inches. I don't want the fish to feel crowded or stunt growth I'm going to get a bigger tank probably in a year or year and half. Just wondering a safe number for my 55 gallon with the 4 loaches and 1 discus alone already id like to get 3 more, so they both have a small school but don't want it to be to much

iTrader
    Real Name
    Mervin

Default Re: Question regarding space

I would say not a good idea.Baby discus should not be raised with other fish if you wish to succeed in this hobby.I would go for 6-8 baby discus;get rid of all other fish at least until the discus get a fair size and get a bigger tank in a few months.

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Jordan Worboys

I find it may be hard to get rid of the other fish. If I got 3 more discus do u think all the fish will have enough room I do plan to get a new tank soonish

iTrader
    Real Name
    Mervin

I would get 6-8 baby discus and get a new tank for them.Knowing what I know now I would never put baby discus in with other fish until they have some size to them.They won't get big and beautiful like they would if they were properly reared.