AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Looking to cut the cord?

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Looking to cut the cord?

I'd shook my head about the cable bill for long enough, it was time to do something else. I live between Madison, WI and Rockford, IL so the 4 major networks would be no problem with a small antenna, but I'd spent as much time in the past watching the History and Discovery channels as anything else.

I bought a smart TV with Roku and searched the myriad of add on services for about a week before I finally tripped across the perfect answer for me, Philo. Now I get all the sports I need from the networks so if ESPN is a must for you Philo isn't the answer, but being associated with Viacom it is sure great for me. 37 channels for $16 a month including: A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC America, CMT, Comedy Central, Discovery, DIY, Food Network, GSN, History, HGTV, ID, Lifetime, MTV, MTV2, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount, SCI, Sundance, TLC, Travel, TVLAND, Velocity, and WE. Yea, I'm thrilled to have cut the cord after having found Philo.

Default Re: Looking to cut the cord?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    I'd shook my head about the cable bill for long enough, it was time to do something else. I live between Madison, WI and Rockford, IL so the 4 major networks would be no problem with a small antenna, but I'd spent as much time in the past watching the History and Discovery channels as anything else.

I bought a smart TV with Roku and searched the myriad of add on services for about a week before I finally tripped across the perfect answer for me, Philo. Now I get all the sports I need from the networks so if ESPN is a must for you Philo isn't the answer, but being associated with Viacom it is sure great for me. 37 channels for $16 a month including: A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC America, CMT, Comedy Central, Discovery, DIY, Food Network, GSN, History, HGTV, ID, Lifetime, MTV, MTV2, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount, SCI, Sundance, TLC, Travel, TVLAND, Velocity, and WE. Yea, I'm thrilled to have cut the cord after having found Philo.
    thanks, haven't heard of this one yet.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lucas Smith

I’m a huge PlayStation Vue fan. Works great on Roku and the cloud DVR is awesome

Real Name
    Ricardo

I cut the cable cord close to 5yrs ago. I just use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO go now

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Kodi...free apps all channels and movies that you can ever imagine.

Registered Member

How much Rick?

Real Name
    Willie

Cut mine about two years ago. I have Prime and Netflix. During college football season, I get Sling. $20/month gets me ESPN. No activation fee, no shut off fee. This year, I paid $20 to watch just about every single college football game and playoffs.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Something must be wrong with me. I don't even own a TV. I know that I miss a lot of good stuff but a TV is just too much trouble these days and wastes way too much time.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Something must be wrong with me. I don't even own a TV. I know that I miss a lot of good stuff but a TV is just too much trouble these days and wastes way too much time.
    you don't miss a lot of good stuff.

Olympics we turn on sling

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I cut the cable cord close to 5yrs ago. I just use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO go now
    i tried Hulu live, it has a decent lineup, but the buffering is annoying. and it cut out during the last minute of superbowl

I use an element box. I absolutely love it. They actually have a cable cutting package. I use my strictly for movies. Love watching 720 or 1080 movies prior to their bluray release. I see the big ones in theatre but the ones I am iffy about are always deemed "box" movies.

My son loves "the box"

There are many ways to diy with kodi and loading your own add one but far easier to get a fully loaded box that rolls out updates to drop dead add ons and add the most used.

I diy'd my firestick just for added benefit but you have to physically update add ons on your own.

I haven't fully cut the cord because I love the simplicity of the dvr and on demand without having to search.

I did tons of research before getting my box and element is one of the highest rated. Super fast processor and never any buffering
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is