ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Disue issue please help

Registered Member

Default Disue issue please help

I have a discus that stopping eating for a week. Ignores all fish everything it loved before. zero signs of all Heath issues! Stong Yellow fish! No bloat no darkness at all. I put him it a quintine tank and slowly raised the temp to 90. 1st 2day I used Epson salts. last 6 days I used metro! 3 days in he only picks at beef heart. He will try to eat it but spits it out. And he still looks really good! Zero signs of health issues! What I did see resently was a huge growth spurt! He was always the smallest in the tank and football shaped and I thought he was stunted. The like was seemed like over night he was double. Very funny cause he looks good now and before it was ugly as hell.... All other fish are fine and eat anything. I do 90 a water changes almost everyday with day aged water and within 1 degree temp chage

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Rich

Default Re: Disue issue please help

I see no reason to hammer him/her with chemicals with no signs of problem. Separation is good in my opinion, just clean water and they will start pecking at glass when they might take food. Isolation and clean water work for me. (who likes to be around everyone else when their sick)

Rich

Registered Member

Default Re: Disue issue please help

keep the clean water coming, at least 50% change each day. I often find raising the temp to 88 degrees helps. caution: if they have a bacteria infection this will make it worse and could bring on death.

Ron