ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Can’t tell what’s going on!

Registered Member

Unhappy Can’t tell what’s going on!

Hey guys I have a group of 10 discus from Hans discus 2.5” they showed up in great health I have had them a week or so now they were doing great. All in a group but not tightly grouped, I had an accident where the glas top fell in the water and scared the fish badly. They all appeared fine last night no signs of clamped fins or any damage and they were all in a group, woke up this morning and the one had separated from the group they appear to have “disowned” him I’m not sure that’s the right word they don’t always pick on him but they do chase each other once in a while I can’t say just him in particular tho. Any help would be great thank there in a bare 120 with 4 air stones a sump and canister 2 300 watt heaters temp 86f and water parameters are good using rod water with additives discus trace by sea chem

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Can’t tell what’s going on!

Welcome to Simply Discus Masonmnieland
    It's very common when a group is transferred to a new home they are skittish at first and now one week later they are developing a pecking order and it appears the one in the group as you mention has became the loner. Adding some furniture like plants or driftwood will give the loner somewhere to hide but in most cases it all works out in the end as they grow.
    I will question why your using R/O DI ?

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Default Re: Can’t tell what’s going on!

It's normal. It had nothing to do with the glass lid falling in the tank They cam be of great value as sacrificial lambs if you ever decide to add fish from someone other than Hansie.
    Mama Bear