ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with water problem

Real Name
    Sabrina

Default Re: Need help with water problem

Oh! Thank you Kilnakorr, I will remove it immediately. I brought it at my local pet store, I have a mind to tell them it shouldn't be sold as aquarium plant!

Real Name
    Filip

It looks like a Spathophilym Wallisi to me. Variety Of a Peace lilly .Terrestrial plant used in paludariums . Not for aquarium use .

Sabrina , IIWY I would put all the fish together in one tank and use the other one for just aging water .
    I would then focus on changing water daily , which would be much easier with one tank then two big ones , and optimise their growth conditions .
    You can always use a net or an eggcrate as a divider if aggression comes between the two groups .

All your above stated problems with filters and discus ailments will be gone once you just start to change 50% aged water on a daily level .

Registered Member

yeah, i had this happen on a saltwater tank. only after shutting pumps off and then restarting. looked like little pvc shards . it went away in a short period of time.

Real Name
    Sabrina

Cheers Filip, things seem to have settled down a lot in the last few days with my 2 tanks and fish. If the problem comes again I will take action as I need to, I am doing water changes every 2 days of around 50% both tanks.

Hi Silver, yes it was pretty bad when that happened, glad I'm not the only one lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12