AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Kusuri Wormer Plus

Default Kusuri Wormer Plus

Hi I'm hearing really good things about this medication for a long time and understand that this is Flubendazole but would like some idea regarding indications and instructions.

Even though I take good care of my fish and have been keeping Discus for more than 30 years and perform large and frequent water changes, make my own beefheart, use bb tanks, etc. at times I'm losing Discus to what appears to possibly be internal worms; thin, emaciated, sickly, though often still eating, with white anal discharge, etc. I treat with Metro but often to little or no affect. So I'm looking at this medication.

Does it interrupt nitrification or the biofilter? Does it affect plants, or have potentially adverse affects.

Your feedback and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Kusuri Wormer Plus

Flubendazole has been very benign when I've used it. I think Al reported some issues when using with discus, but I haven't noticed any issues with shrimp or catfish. It kills hydra, planaria and expensive snails though. Cheap snails like ramshorn/mts/bladder don't mind (of course).

It has no effect on bacteria or plants. I followed the instructions on inkmkr.com. He sells the best (only?) stuff in the US.

It won't kill tapeworms though; you need prazi for that.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can't just dump the stuff in the tank. I've had the best luck using a small, empty water bottle. Add the powder, fill it about half-full and shake it hard for 5 minutes or so.
    Last edited by Adam S; 03-22-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Real Name
    Filip

Levamisole does not interfere with biofiltration nor can it hurt your plants Stu .
    Its a daily 24 hour bath that has to be repeated 3 -4 times on every 7 days 1- 7 -14 -21 to break the cycle of the nematodes .

My experience with it is that discus do get negatively affected by it but this only lasts for 2 days . They were lerargic and not interested in food 2 -3 days during and after the treat but afterwards they were back to normal .

Hi Filip. Your commenting on Levamisole but I'm asking about Flubendazole.

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by DISCUS STU View Post
    Hi Filip. Your commenting on Levamisole but I'm asking about Flubendazole.
    Oops . Sorry Stu . My mistake.

I haven't used Flubendazole my self so I can't share any personal experience with it .
    Hope someone else with Flubendazole experience will chime in .