AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Needed some info on medication

Registered Member

Default Needed some info on medication

Finally starting a discus tank, so bought some dither fish early so I can monitor them for any infection as quarantine.

Already have 8 Glowlights, 8 harlequin Rasboras & 2 Dwarf Gouramis (been in the tank around 2 weeks).
    Expecting 8 Cardinals and 8 Black Neon's in a day or two.
    (Tank is a 120G)

I was just watching the discus video on youtube and it was mentioned that it is ideal to medicate for parasites.

So can someone tell me the procedure and ideal medication (names and ideal dossage) for these tetras to get rid of any parasites.
    Also would adding these medications be a problem for the sump (in short would it kill those helpful bacteria) or linger in the sponge and bio-media even after I get rid of it via water changes and affect the fish at a later date.

My discus are expected in 2 weeks time, so I want to keep the tank as ready as I can before they arrive. Can delay arrival of the discus if needed.

Any and all advise would be appreciated.

Real Name
    Mervin

Default Re: Needed some info on medication

Are you getting grown out discus?A 120,I think is a bit big for youngns'.And you don't want to get off to a wrong start with other fish with baby discus.

Registered Member

Default Re: Needed some info on medication

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    Are you getting grown out discus?A 120,I think is a bit big for youngns'.And you don't want to get off to a wrong start with other fish with baby discus.
    Not getting baby's. They are 3-4 inches, is what I have been told.