AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Weeks of Fishless Cycle Data Rendered on Graph (Looking Good?)

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

Default Re: 2 Weeks of Fishless Cycle Data Rendered on Graph (Looking Good?)

Above 5 ppm, or off the chart of the API test. Once nitrite starts to go down, the cycle is almost finished.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJW View Post
    Above 5 ppm, or off the chart of the API test. Once nitrite starts to go down, the cycle is almost finished.
    It seems as though the Nitrites are going down as they were sky high at 5-6 ppm according to the test kit.

I added 2 caps of Ammonia last night and tested it this morning to have about 1.8 ppm. So I will test it when I get home and see what it says.

Gold Member
    Real Name
    James Walker

Personally I'd try to keep the nitrites on scale. I don't have hard numbers but I imagine that it is toxic to bacteria at some point.

If that takes a water change or two then that's OK, you don't lose any BB from doing a water change (the BB is all in your filter/gravel) and the hit to the cycle should be minimal if you continue to dose ammonia.

Real Name
    Filip

Nice thread Senor Discus .
    I like your scientific approach towards the hobby .

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Nice thread Senor Discus .
    I like your scientific approach towards the hobby .
    Thanks Folio... Sorry I haven't posstes in a while with updates but I am out of town and should be back tomorrow to update the graph and all. I did a what I would call 80% WC on Saturday and then added 5 caps of ammonia to get it up to about 4 ppm as I wantes to stock up on the ammonia aka food for the Bb before I keft. I'm sure it will be around zero when I check tmrw. I will then add more ammonia and hopefully it will be home within 24 hours and I can add something to it haha. Will update soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12