AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Bully discus fighting over food?

Registered Member

Default Bully discus fighting over food?

Ive been noticing lately that I have one discus when I stick Als fdbws to the glass that he guards the food and picks at all the other discus so come feeding time they all fight to get food I currently have 7 discus ranging from 5 for 6 inches and the bully isn't the biggest in the tank but hes definitely the pack leader I have a 125 gallon tank will adding more discus help with this at all any suggestions the others still eat but it isn't easy for them thanks in advance

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Bully discus fighting over food?

Join the club...In my case it's the largest of the group. However I find it useful breaking larger cubes in half and sticking them in different placed on glass and it does seem to work. Occasionally he swims to cube to cube but others find there share to eat.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Filip

Completly normal . Alpha discus always chase others away and guards the feeding ground from the rest .
    Spread the food across the tank during feedings or stick a Couple of smaller cubes to different sides of tank glass. This would even out there chances for equal feeding.

Registered Member

Ok thanks guys Ill give that a try spread out the pieces more and cut into smaller pieces across the tank