AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Sick discus and moving question

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Christian Pollich

Default Sick discus and moving question

Hello one of my discus have recently been not eating and hiding under a log in my tank any suggestions on what to do and I’m planning to move my tank and I know it’ll stress them out a lot but I have to…what’s the best way to do this but them in my c7cled 20 gallon for like 30 min or what… I just want to stress them out as less as possible and I can’t leave them in because I have to take the tank downstairs……plz help thanks

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Sick discus and moving question

How many Discus do you need to move?
    You can use 5 gal buckets half filled with tank water. Make sure you don't let any media from filters stay out of water to long.
    You have no choice as you say so good luck with the transfer and sure all will go well.
    Can't help with sick Discus without knowing more info... http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: Sick discus and moving question

You can keep a discus or two in a 5 gallon bucket for a couple of hours with no problem . Just insulate and watch out from temperature drop .

Same procedure for filter materials . Keep em in a different bucket while you transfer the tank .