ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Question about medicated food

Registered Member

Default Question about medicated food

I recently made medicated food for my discus. I added epsom salt, garlic powder and and General Cure into my beefheart mix, as one of my discus has internal parasites. I was wondering, can I feed them the medicated food more than once a day or can I only feed them the medicated food once a day?

Thanks .

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Question about medicated food

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon94 View Post
    I recently made medicated food for my discus. I added epsom salt, garlic powder and and General Cure into my beefheart mix, as one of my discus has internal parasites. I was wondering, can I feed them the medicated food more than once a day or can I only feed them the medicated food once a day?

Thanks .
    I would look up commercial medicated food and see what their instructions say.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Question about medicated food

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon94 View Post

Thanks .
    Hi Lemon, is it your intent to feed the medicated food as a preventative? If so please do not do that. If you are targeting something specific then try it for a short time and quit once the treatment works or you need to try something else.

Exposing fish to meds long term is not good healthwise and allows any pathogens to develop an immunity to the particular med being used.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening