AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Angelmania Lee Gordon scammer!!!

Default Angelmania Lee Gordon scammer!!!

Hello everyone I just wanted to share an experience I just recently had I was lookin for and still am looking for nice blue line of angelfish. If anyone has anyonewhere to get other than Angelmania.net please feel free to recommend me to where I can buy much appreciated. Anyways I recently placed a rather large order of $635 for dime size angelfish on Angelmania.net Lee Gordon from being I have got his fish in the past and usually was happy with his quaility even being that fish were mostly smaller than advertised I didn’t mind I still would grow them out to be nice fish. Being that I have done business with the man in the past and recommend many friends and follow hobbies to give him more business. I been on the search for blue line of angelsfish pinoys in particular for about 2 years now which I when I noticed he stopped having a lot of the Pinoy lines in stock. Recently about a month ago I decided let me personally email Lee to see if any will be In stock again in the future very rudely mind u saying check back end April that’s it. So I figured maybe he was busy and I did check back. Seeing a lot of fish back in stock excited I placed a large order $635 for dime size angelfish mind u but it’s okay I didn’t mind. Curious how going from nun of these fish in stock to 10 different ones overnight seemed weird to me but I said I bought in past maybe he just somehow got them back. Waiting going on 3 weeks for my order emailing him getting very few shortly worded responses from him. Finally yesterday I get an email saying the fish will be being shipped out mind u I was being told I prob can’t get all my fish in one shipment which seemed shady to me. I had to wait for two weeks of shipping so I said I need them all at once being that I will not be in town next week. I get emailed I will be getting my fish exited I read tracking label. Saying I will have to pick fish up a local post office this being a problem for me cause I don’t have a car at the moment it’s in the shop. So I notify lee saying can u please ship to my door as u always did in past no way to post office and not gonna uber back and fourth and cost me nearly another $100 for my fish in Uber’s. He says sure but u understand that I do not insure fish DOA if not picked up at post office never doing this to me in the past. And what’s the difference in the fish we’re still on a truck to get to office what’s the difference if I drive them to my house or the post man. I’m spending $635 on dime size fish. I said if that’s the case I’d like to cancel. Not hearing from him for hours I finally get email saying fish canceled as requested. So I check my paypal to see if I got my refund somehow this man think he has the right to take 33% of my money on my entire order which come to $209.07 to be exact. For his time and label and box for as he put it. We all are in the hobby we all know what boxes cost and if u sell fish u know that u will be using that box again. Now I’m in despite with PayPal to try get my full refund. Who would do this to a person basically steal $210 from them for cost of a box. I would gladly paid for the box but he thinks he’s special and his time is worth that much. LEE GORDON IS A SCAMMER DO NOT PURCHASE OR GIVE HIM BUSINESS. I’m in business myself seafood and sell live fish I would never do this to a customer. Especially a returning customer placing a large order. And after I said I will contact my lawyer he emails me saying “hahaha” I liked to see u try get ur lawyer this will be funny. Making fun of me basically like a child. Please make this message know to fellow hobbies the man has no honor nor respect for himself let alone his customers. A man like this deserves to not be able to do this to anyone else and scam people for there hard earned money. DONT NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LEE GORDON AT ANGELMANIA.net HES A SCAMMER AND A LOWESY HUMAN BEING.
    Best regards to fellow breeders and hobbies,
    Christian

Real Name
    Rob

Default Re: Angelmania Lee Gordon scammer!!!

I would try forwarding all correspondence to Paypal and see if they can deal with it, before spending more money on a lawyer. They've retrieved my money for me in the past. Good luck...

Everyone who is in to Angelfish knows that Angelmania is a scum bag. Sorry you got screwed.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Everyone who is in to Angelfish knows that Angelmania is a scum bag. Sorry you got screwed.
    I wish I known that it past can’t believe a business man would do that to a returning customer and make fun of me on top of it very Unprofessional.

Real Name
    Rob

If he's replied to you like that with the same email he uses for Paypal then he's over a barrel, and Paypal will pursue his ***.... They want nothing more than for people to trust Paypal, otherwise people won't use it. I'd definitely take it up with them.

That’s what I’m hoping for that’s they will protect me from getting screwed by him

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hey guys, moved this to the livestock review section of the forum. Please only post if you have first hand experience with this seller.
    Thanks,
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hey guys, moved this to the livestock review section of the forum. Please only post if you have first hand experience with this seller.
    Thanks,
    Pat
    I did have first hand experience with him. I just posted so no one else gets scammed like I did

Real Name
    Steve

Lee strikes again!

Sorry for your troubles Christian. I too recently ordered from Lee. I should have known better. I did get my fish, but they were mostly culls. Bent fins, short fins, gill defects and several runts that never grew. At least I didn't shell out the kind of money you did.
    Even if you had gotten your fish, you probably would not have been happy with them.

As Liz said, Lee is a well known scammer among angelfish people. He sells inferior fish at premium prices. He claims to cull for defects before shipping but it's obvious that he doesn't.
    He has a long list of dissatisfied customers.
    Last edited by smsimcik; 05-01-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smsimcik View Post
    So Lee strikes again!

Sorry for your troubles Christian. I too recently ordered from Lee. I should have known better. I did get my fish, but they were mostly culls. Bent fins, short fins, gill defects and several runts that never grew. At least I didn't shell out the kind of money you did.
    Even if you had gotten your fish, you probably would not have been happy with them.

As Liz said, Lee is a well known scammer among angelfish people. He sells inferior fish at premium prices. He claims to cull for defects before shipping but it's obvious that he doesn't.
    He has a long list of dissatisfied customers.
    Can’t believe he may get away with basically stealing my money. PayPal I hope makes it right cause I know he won’t

I ordered a proven pair from him some years ago. They beat the crap out of each other, but I chalked it up to shipping stress. I split them up, and both ended up pairing with males and laying eggs. Not the best experience.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Christian74 View Post
    I did have first hand experience with him. I just posted so no one else gets scammed like I did
    I know you did Christian and I think this is the best place for your thread. This is the forum where other members will look for feedback on vendors. It is your intent to warn other members right?

My post is to let everyone know that the rules for this section is a bit different then the rest of the forum.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

I had bad experiences with him, too. While I did get some nice fish in my orders, I got an equal mix of bad fish with glaring issues (short gill plates, crossed/bent pelvic fins, etc.) and also the wrong strains. The pinoy paraiba that I paid quite a bit of money for at dime size came at pea sized, literally only maybe 6 week old fish that had just started to take angelfish shape, and out of all those only one turned out semi-decent. If I can see deformities with my naked eye as soon as the fish come out of the bag, there's no way they accidentally slipped through. If he'd even glanced at the fish before bagging them he'd have known they were defective. His website states he culls vigorously but that was not my experience over two orders. I would definitely avoid him as it sounds like he's still not addressing issues.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christian74 View Post
    Hello everyone I just wanted to share an experience I just recently had I was lookin for and still am looking for nice blue line of angelfish. If anyone has anyonewhere to get other than Angelmania.net please feel free to recommend me to where I can buy much appreciated. Anyways I recently placed a rather large order of $635 for dime size angelfish on Angelmania.net Lee Gordon from being I have got his fish in the past and usually was happy with his quaility even being that fish were mostly smaller than advertised I didn’t mind I still would grow them out to be nice fish. Being that I have done business with the man in the past and recommend many friends and follow hobbies to give him more business. I been on the search for blue line of angelsfish pinoys in particular for about 2 years now which I when I noticed he stopped having a lot of the Pinoy lines in stock. Recently about a month ago I decided let me personally email Lee to see if any will be In stock again in the future very rudely mind u saying check back end April that’s it. So I figured maybe he was busy and I did check back. Seeing a lot of fish back in stock excited I placed a large order $635 for dime size angelfish mind u but it’s okay I didn’t mind. Curious how going from nun of these fish in stock to 10 different ones overnight seemed weird to me but I said I bought in past maybe he just somehow got them back. Waiting going on 3 weeks for my order emailing him getting very few shortly worded responses from him. Finally yesterday I get an email saying the fish will be being shipped out mind u I was being told I prob can’t get all my fish in one shipment which seemed shady to me. I had to wait for two weeks of shipping so I said I need them all at once being that I will not be in town next week. I get emailed I will be getting my fish exited I read tracking label. Saying I will have to pick fish up a local post office this being a problem for me cause I don’t have a car at the moment it’s in the shop. So I notify lee saying can u please ship to my door as u always did in past no way to post office and not gonna uber back and fourth and cost me nearly another $100 for my fish in Uber’s. He says sure but u understand that I do not insure fish DOA if not picked up at post office never doing this to me in the past. And what’s the difference in the fish we’re still on a truck to get to office what’s the difference if I drive them to my house or the post man. I’m spending $635 on dime size fish. I said if that’s the case I’d like to cancel. Not hearing from him for hours I finally get email saying fish canceled as requested. So I check my paypal to see if I got my refund somehow this man think he has the right to take 33% of my money on my entire order which come to $209.07 to be exact. For his time and label and box for as he put it. We all are in the hobby we all know what boxes cost and if u sell fish u know that u will be using that box again. Now I’m in despite with PayPal to try get my full refund. Who would do this to a person basically steal $210 from them for cost of a box. I would gladly paid for the box but he thinks he’s special and his time is worth that much. LEE GORDON IS A SCAMMER DO NOT PURCHASE OR GIVE HIM BUSINESS. I’m in business myself seafood and sell live fish I would never do this to a customer. Especially a returning customer placing a large order. And after I said I will contact my lawyer he emails me saying “hahaha” I liked to see u try get ur lawyer this will be funny. Making fun of me basically like a child. Please make this message know to fellow hobbies the man has no honor nor respect for himself let alone his customers. A man like this deserves to not be able to do this to anyone else and scam people for there hard earned money. DONT NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LEE GORDON AT ANGELMANIA.net HES A SCAMMER AND A LOWESY HUMAN BEING.
    Best regards to fellow breeders and hobbies,
    Christian
    Aft

This ANGELMANIA guy/biz is a scammer I purchased 2 angel fish and I got a total of 4 orders because each other would arrive dead till I finally said return of money and after several emails on this request all had been ignored till I made a claim with the BBB and that's when I received an email stating for me to remove all comments or complaints or he would have no incentive in returning the money and finally, he returned all moneys... Horrible biz and most of what I see on his website makes me wonder if he caters to a specific group of customers from all the compliments he gets from them🧐🤔

Real Name
    Jim

Well .. this is my story about this person , Last year about this time, I purchased what were supposed to be dime sized Pinoy Paraiba angels from him , They came in good shape, maybe could of been culled a little better, a bit expensive , but I was ok with it, because I could always work with breeding them to improve the line later , Well as they matured , I noticed that they were just common black angels that I pampered and wasted time and space with . I think I would of rather been disappointed sooner than to wait that long to see I was ripped off, So I learned the hard way to do much more research before I buy anything sight unseen.