AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nuking Snails Again - Tank Infested

Registered Member

Default Re: Nuking Snails Again - Tank Infested

I have the same problem. I have thousands of little snails in my 55G BB tank discus with a few live plants and pots. For some reason my diamond blues would be dark. When I put then out to a separate tank with clean tap water, they get their colors back in a night even without biological filtration. So there is something in the main tank that causes it. Water parameters are all fine in the main tank. So I am thinking to get rid of those little small snails, hoping they are the source of my issues.

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by glus76 View Post
    I have the same problem. I have thousands of little snails in my 55G BB tank discus with a few live plants and pots. For some reason my diamond blues would be dark. When I put then out to a separate tank with clean tap water, they get their colors back in a night even without biological filtration. So there is something in the main tank that causes it. Water parameters are all fine in the main tank. So I am thinking to get rid of those little small snails, hoping they are the source of my issues.
    Snails surely aren't the source of the issue but they indicate a lot of decomposing organic waste and uneaten food in your tank , which affects overall water quallity .
    Try changing a lot of water in your main tank and siphon out the dirt from the bottom and clean the filters and I think that your diamond and snails problem will be gone in a couple of weeks .

Registered Member

hi there,
    I feed twice daily and only little the fish eat immediately nothing goes down to the bottom. It is BB so the tank is clean.

Registered Member

I may also use assasin stnails but would like to rather kill them all quickly if possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12