ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I give up!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Melissa

Default Re: I give up!

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Honestly Melissa, I would not add any more Discus to his tank. You will probably end up going down the same road. If you have a smaller tank, He will probably be okay by himself in it with a few dither fish.. If you still want to try discus, Break down the larger tank and clean it well..start over with new stock after researching the options.

best of luck,
    al
    Thanks, I agree. Do you think he would be Ok in a tank with angelfish (juveniles), or should I just keep him alone with the dither fish?
    Last edited by mellysalz; 06-07-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Melissa, if you decide to buy more discus please buy from a good source. Generally Petco and LFSs are not the best places.
    Pat
    Definitely will do! I think I may take a break for now... maybe even wait until next year when I get my tax return so I can splurge on a group of larger discus from a reputable breeder.

Registered Member

never give up

Real Name
    Patty

Sorry things didn’t turn out better for you Melissa. I agree with you and others here that your first bunch were already in bad shape and were doomed from the start. You did learn a lot though which will make your second go successful. I like your plan and hope to hear from you next year. I’ll hopefully be further along on my learning curve next year and have the confidence and knowledge to help you along in your next endeavor. Good luck with the little guy. I’ve seen them with angels and dither fish in pics here so I don’t think it makes a difference which tank you choose for him. Are both tanks ok with 82-84 temps? Little guy may not have other discus, but he seems to have found a friend in you. Best of luck.
    Patty

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Start over again with good stock from one of the many Simply Discus sponors, 3-4" would be an good size to start with, and an bare bottom tank. Hope you have success in the future. We all faced some type of mistakes when first starting out, good that Simply discus will be here to help.

Real Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tuterosso View Post
    never give up
    On something you love? +1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123