ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel's Tank Setup and Questions

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Daniel's Tank Setup and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    two utes, mate, its a ripper to hear from ya...true blue, fair dinkum, bloody oath...haha...love Melbourne...who is your AFL team? At the risk of offending you, I am a Pie's supporter. My dad was president of the Sherwood footy club in Brisbane when I was a young bloke, Collingwood's brother club in the QAFL.

Seriously though, thanks for replying mate. I have decided to buy a little smaller (3.5-4") and get 10-12 into the 125 instead of 6. I plan on a simple scape, similar to how your sounds but have got to sell off my tang's to make room. That is proving to be harder than expected because I am not set up to ship. Fortunately Kenny gets monthly shipments so all will be well, just having to be patient...a fish lovers worse character trait, LOL.

Will post pics when I is all happenin. Take it easy bloke.
    G'day Dan. Yep i'm a Pies supporter as well mate, though the AFL is doing a good job at stuff'n it all up.
    I think you're making the right choice going smaller and geting a larger batch. It will be awesome seeing them develop and grow and i bet your missus and kids will be stoked.
    I didn't want to hijack Liz's thread but to answer your question i am traveling to New Jersey to check out NADA in July. If you're there I'll shout you a beer, but l'd doubt that they'll have the good aussie stuff. Just kid'n mate.
    Good luck.

Joe
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

So I believe I finally have a buyer for my Cypho Kapampa group and friends...it has been a pain staking wait, but I have had the opportunity to really research and spend time on the SD forum over the past few weeks...I have seen some major trends emerge through peoples comments, especially to novices with sick discus...I hope I have been able to glean the foundational truths in preparation for the transition to (back) discus...I have had reasonable success in the past but now why I was never able to grow my discus past 5"...SOOooo, I am excited to get the tang's sold off late next week, clean my system entirely, and get organized to have my 125 gal host a nice group of 10-12 discus over a BB with a simple hard scape. I have my water aging/ change system thought out which is simple but should be effective. More to come soon!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Daniel, there are many ways to start off with discus. Some of them with not great results as you have observed. Glad to hear you are a step closer to getting your discus.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12