AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: C02 System Live today - Anyone used JBL Pro Flora

Registered Member

Default C02 System Live today - Anyone used JBL Pro Flora

After plenty of research and setting up the C02 system I bought nearly a month ago I've finally gone live! Does anybody on the forum have experience with JBL products? I'm using the new M503 Pro Flora complete with a PH control unit which has been set with my KH and constantly displays the temp and PH. My concern is that the whole system is automated i.e. it runs 24/7 with a bubble controller which seems contrary to what I've read in the past in that the C02 system only runs during the time the lights are on. Any advice on this as I'm concerned that I'll not see when the PH fluctuates when I'm asleep? Thanks in advance. Branch

Default Re: C02 System Live today - Anyone used JBL Pro Flora

Because you're using a controller and it's dosing based on pH you'll be fine. At night when lights are off and plants aren't consumming the CO2 then it will (if functioning correctly) stop dosing the CO2. One suggestion though is that rather than buying premade products for your plants, just go to any hyfroponics shop and buy the individual items you need in powder form. It will be the same thing for far cheaper.

Len

Registered Member

Thanks Len all seems to be working fine the controller switches the C02 system off if the PH drops by 1 degree!

Is that adjustable? If so you might want to use something smaller than 1 to keep it more consistent for the fish

Len

Registered Member

I'm sure it can Len but as I see the tank all day 5 days a week I've noticed how the PH moves up and down during the different phases of the day and night and it's very gradual <.3 over a day. My algae bloom, occurred before the C02 was switched on is my main concern at the moment. Changing 1/3rd water daily and turning the LEDs off leaving just the T5's running dim hopefully this will help?

ok, I misunderstood. I was thinking that was all at once so would have been pretty sudden. Thanks for clarifying

Len