AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Dollar Per Gallon Sale (Pet Supplies Plus)

Default Dollar Per Gallon Sale (Pet Supplies Plus)

https://weekly-ads.us/pet-supplies-p...ad-39376-752-2

These sales come around a lot more often than in the past, but if any of you are in the market for 55 gallons and under, Pet Supplies Plus just started their sale on Memorial day and goes until the end of June. (40gb and 55g are "at least 40% off) I picked up a 55g last night for $68.50 after tax.

I currently have a dwarf cichlids (rams and apistos), serpae tetras, and a couple bristlenose in my 75g (barebottom) that I was planning on using for discus, I can now move them into this new 55g, plant and scape it (I have just recently gotten into aquatic plants for the first time, I have an experiment 20g planted tank setup at the moment) then I can finally get some discus on order and stock the 75g with my first discus in 5 years...pretty stoked!

I fabricated a steel stand here at my shop out of 2x2 square tube (1/4" wall thickness) awhile back that will house a 75g on top and a 55g on bottom...pics to come soon once everything is setup.

Cheers
    Mike

Default Re: Dollar Per Gallon Sale (Pet Supplies Plus)

That sounds like a great plan Mike. Looking forward to the pics. I keep my eyes out here for the petco $1 gal sales . I dont think we have a pet supplies plus here in my area.
    al

ps dropped you a pm
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Mike

Here's a couple pics of my setup so far, the stand mentioned previously 75g on top 55g on bottom.

The stand to the left is actually an extra welding machine cart that I had laying around at the shop, and it just so happens to fit 2x 20g tanks perfectly, I plan to use 1 of those for a hospital tank (If ever needed...hopefully not), and the other is for QT.

The 75 currently houses a few rams (Mix of GBR and Electric blues), 1 Albino Bristlenose male, 1 Super Red Bristlenose male, 1 big and mean Apistogramma Cacatuoides Double Red. These fish will eventually make their way to the bottom tank as soon as my discus are on the way (Minus the Apisto...I will have to rehome him, he is the angriest apisto I've ever owned)

As for the 55g, I've just started messing around with plants, there's some Amazon Swords, Anubias, Java Moss, Java Fern, and some Red Cryps. The fish consist of: Apistogramma Cacatuoides Orange Flash, a pair of Rams, a breeding pair of Super Red Bristlenose, a small school of cardinal tetras, 16 Serpae tetras.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by 0Dgreen; 06-03-2018 at 09:05 AM. Reason: had trouble figuring out how to post pics =(
    Mike

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gabriel

Nice setup. Thats a very interesting QT stand.