ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

So who is going?? Tom and I will be there and I am stoked. I missed the 2016 show due to a medical issue with my dad and desperately need a fish fix.

There will be some familiar faces at this show Andrew Soh, Paul Butler (former admin of SD), Larry Bugg, Rick Owen, Jerry Baer, Bob B. and others I am sure. I will get to meet some new folks Steve (RogueDiscus), Ricardo (rickztahone), Ralph (Altum Nut), Keith Perkins and hopefully many others.

Shout out of you will be there!!
    Pat
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 05-30-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Default Re: So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

I'm afraid I will be missing this one. I have just way too much going on family wise. Its just not something I can do right now. Its a bummer as I will miss catching up with all of you.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I'm afraid I will be missing this one. I have just way too much going on family wise. Its just not something I can do right now. Its a bummer as I will miss catching up with all of you.

Al
    You know this means that at some point Al, you will need to make a trip to Florida when things settle. Sorry to hear you are not going to make it but golly, I sure do understand the family side.
    Pat

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I will be there. Bringing my husband too, he and Tom can hang out while their wives do fish stuff, right Pat? It will be so much fun like the last 3 have been. And like the last 3 conventions, I will organize the "ladies dinner" which will be on Friday night at the hotel restaurant.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I've planned my family holiday from Australia around this event, and will be there with bells on. Looking forward to meeting many of you from here.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Steve

Yes, I'll be there. My wife's coming but will be visiting nearby family most of the time. I'll be on my own for most of the show. I was a newbie at Chicago, so maybe wasn't well connected, but I'd like to encourage folks to plan to hang out Thursday and/or Friday evenings, or after the banquet, either in the showroom or some place TBD, to party and socialize a bit.
    Steve

I'm hoping to make it to the one next year. I know that I will be missing old friends and discovering new ones but I have already decided to skip it this time.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Ralph

I will miss you Liz especially during those early mornings chats outside with Rich.
    Steve it looks like we will be sharing time assisting with show set-up and tank maintenance/show fish placement.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I'm hoping to make it to the one next year. I know that I will be missing old friends and discovering new ones but I have already decided to skip it this time.
    It will be July 2020, two years. We will miss you Liz.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    I will be there. Bringing my husband too, he and Tom can hang out while their wives do fish stuff, right Pat? It will be so much fun like the last 3 have been. And like the last 3 conventions, I will organize the "ladies dinner" which will be on Friday night at the hotel restaurant.
    Barb
    Exactly Barb Great news on the "ladies dinner"!!
    Pat

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Will miss not seeing you too Liz but understand!!
    Pat

Real Name
    Willie

Me, me, me...
    At my age, everything is irritating.

I'm going to be there. It is going to be a blast. We have attracted a little international attention for this Show and have quite a few attendees coming to the Show from out of the US along with some really nice Show fish. I'm also excited because we are going to have two speakers talking about wild discus and should have some of the nicest wilds in the Show ever. Can't wait to see them.

Sorry you aren't going to make it Liz. Will miss you in the late night discussions.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

It looks like Ralph (Altum Nut) and I will be at least 2 of the attendees from out of the U.S. that Larry has referred to.

While flying from west coast to east coast for over 5 hours and also losing 3 hours out of the day to time change isn't my idea of fun, I'll be at the show even though I have to be up around 4 a.m. to catch the flite out of Vancouver.

The only small saving grace is that Air Canada flies to Newark direct non-stop.

So Thursday July 12th will be a long day for me, but I'm looking forward to it though. Barring any serious setback, I'll be there mainly because I was frugal enough (translation; CHEAP) to buy a non-refundable flite fare . LOL

I too will miss you not being there, Liz, but I'm certainly looking forward to meeting & socializing with so many of you familiar names who will be attending ! See you there.

Real Name
    Ralph

It will be good see meet you face to face finally Paul. When you get in on Thursday just chill back and save your energy for the start of the show event on Friday. I'll be starting my car for the trip at 4 am and looking at about a 8-9 hr drive.
    There maybe other Canucks besides us...Larry was also referring to the many attendees out from South America and overseas...Asia, Australia...etc.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast