AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

Quite sure Bob said there was a subway/train from the Newark airport to right near the hotel and a hotel shuttle available from there as well.

Only 5 more days until I start heading to NJ! Working through the final details it looks like this is going to be awesome show. The fish entries may be the most and best ever, going to be a bunch of vendors, not too late to sign up.
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Flight booked. My brother couldn't go unfortunately . How's Uber out there? Don't feel like renting a car as I dont plan on doing any local stuff. Catch some drinks locally and take up Ralph on his beer(s) offer lol
    My wife needs the Honda Pilot this time around so I'm renting a vehicle to drive there. My 1996 GMC Sierra might make it but why chance it on a 9 hr drive...so rental keys are available to you Ricardo if you need to go somewhere.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Hello all. I just registered for this event, after being encouraged by discuspaul (on another forum). I live in north NJ not too far from the hotel so it's not too much trouble to get there.

I don't currently keep discus, but it has been my dream since age 6 to do so (I am 21 now). I have quite a few years of schooling ahead of me so it's not on the cards for a while, but in the meantime I'm looking to accumulate knowledge for when I do finally get to run a discus tank. In particular, I am interested in planted discus display tanks. If anyone is willing to offer some advice or companionship I'd be appreciative of it.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    My wife needs the Honda Pilot this time around so I'm renting a vehicle to drive there. My 1996 GMC Sierra might make it but why chance it on a 9 hr drive...so rental keys are available to you Ricardo if you need to go somewhere.

...Ralph
    Thanks bud. I think I'll just see if I can train like Keith said. I should be landing at 3ish on Thursday. 6am flight my time

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Axelrodi202 View Post
    Hello all. I just registered for this event, after being encouraged by discuspaul (on another forum). I live in north NJ not too far from the hotel so it's not too much trouble to get there.

I don't currently keep discus, but it has been my dream since age 6 to do so (I am 21 now). I have quite a few years of schooling ahead of me so it's not on the cards for a while, but in the meantime I'm looking to accumulate knowledge for when I do finally get to run a discus tank. In particular, I am interested in planted discus display tanks. If anyone is willing to offer some advice or companionship I'd be appreciative of it.
    All you have to do is walk into the showroom, find two people talking, walk up, introduce yourself, and listen in. Your bound to learn a ton and meet a lot of good helpful folks. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelrodi202 View Post

Great to hear that you've registered for the NADA show and joined the SD forum.
    See you there.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lenon

I live about 1 hour away from this event. Does anyone know if they sell Discus there as well. I had Discus years ago, but when Sandy hit....I lost them all due to no power and heat. I am looking to get back into it. I just clean out my tank and replaced old sand. I have a little more cycling to do in the water to feel comfortable adding any Discus.

Any suggestions about the pricing/location in NNJ to get fish would help.

Real Name
    Ralph

Welcome to SD Lenon,

There will be quality breeders selling Discus and possibly some Show Discus entries may also find a way into your home on the Sunday.
    So would encourage you are there early Sunday morning.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    CozyKeith

There is 1 vendor selling a couple of pairs and 1 or 2 vendors selling numerous fish. There's also one individual who I believe is bring some younger fish. You can also often find out who particular show fish belong to and purchase them throughout the show, though the fish usually stay on site until Sunday morning or late Saturday night.

Dr. Smith who spoke in Chicago is again speaking in NJ. In Chicago he highly recommended one commercial product to cycle tanks. I used it shortly after the Chicago show and it worked very well, wish I could remember the name of it.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 07-08-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lenon

Keith, Are you speaking of the reverse osmosis? I am reading up on that method and it seems pretty good.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

No Lenon, it was a commercial bacteria product to basically instantly cycle the tank. I plan to ask him what it was and purchase some more right away...I'm bringing home fish one way or another.

Real Name
    Steve

My fish are at the airport waiting for their flight. Just a little nervous

How about some pics and winner info guys?
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I’ll post it tomorrow Al, the pictures and information is on my laptop and I’m sitting at the airport with a five hour delay. I don’t get home until after 11 PM.

It was a great show and I have a bunch of pics!!
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kirby

Can't wait to see the pics! I wish I could have gone!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast