AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

Default Re: So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

That's great to hear, Barb - I'll tell her that - the more of this she knows, the more I think
    it'll convince her the trip will be worth while, I hope.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for a bit of help from you savvy friends -

I'd really like my wife Linda to accompany me to NADA 2018 - but she seems quite reluctant to do so - saying: "what am I going to do - I don't know any of the attendees except Pat - how many women are going to be there & what will they do as far as getting together & having a good time they will enjoy - any special plans for the women, either wives of members or female members attending the show - such as a visit to the nearby Woodbbrige Center Mall with 200 stores & so on !"

She's not interested in looking at championship discus being judged, but she does love meeting new people, and I think it would be an interesting, fun experience for her - anybody got anything to say that I can relay to her to convince her to come along and have a great time with all of you wonderful folks.

She's even changed her previous plans to go & visit her ageing mother a couple of hundred miles away in Trail, B.C. to consider whether or not I should book her on the flite with me to attend the show.

I'm looking for a bit of help here to convince her that she shouldn't miss this opportunity to attend NADA 2018!

Who's wives are accompanying heir hubbies, for example ?
    My wife is travelling with me, but will be visiting her brother nearby most of the time. She'll be joining me for the banquet though.

Thanks for posting Steve.
    Haven't succeeded in convincing Linda yet, but the aircraft seat right next to my selection, both going & returning, is still available, so maybe there's hope yet.

Registered Member

My wife will be traveling with me. She is not interested much in Discus, or aquariums/fish, but bless her heart for the first 18 years we lived in our current house she let me have a fish room that occupied almost the entire two car garage (at one time 80 aquariums, at one time a 3,000 gallon salt water lagoon, and lastly just a few larger aquariums, the biggest one being a 405 gallon custom built). I just this year took the fish room out, so now she can finally park her mini van in the garage. She is a retired foreign language teacher (fluent in Portuguese her native tongue, French, Spanish, German, and of course English) and would appreciate having some other non fish fanatic females to talk to while I'm looking at the show fish and sponsor tables. She loves N.Y.C., so we will be spending an evening there before and after. I look forward to meeting you DiscusPaul, and you Larry, (yes I too say we are going to N.J., and my wife says we are going to N.Y.C.), you as well Barb (I hope to buy a spawning cone or two from you) and all the other fine folks that will be attending. Although I have almost no posts on this forum, I have been a member here for about seven years, and now am ready to be a more active member/participant. I have kept discus for years, wilds and domestic, and have spawned some, and raised hundreds of babies. I used to breed and show fancy guppies years ago, and loved the friendly competition, and am interested in raising some high quality discus up to competition standards.

Thanks for the support Hicgup, and the informative & interesting post. Looking forward to meeting you.

Real Name
    Ricardo

I should be getting my flight ticket by tomorrow so count me in as well with my brother tagging along once again

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ralph

That's great Ricardo...did not forget my friend I owe you a beer
    Are you and your brother going to catch a ball game again.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Say Ralph, don’t you owe me a beer? . Or am I confusing you with the ten people trolling this thread?
    Seriously, I would love to buy you a beer and introduce myself. My wife has cousins in Toronto, maybe next time we go back to visit you can then buy me a beer

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Hicgup View Post
    Say Ralph, don’t you owe me a beer? . Or am I confusing you with the ten people trolling this thread?
    Seriously, I would love to buy you a beer and introduce myself. My wife has cousins in Toronto, maybe next time we go back to visit you can then buy me a beer
    If your attending the show say hi then use the pass-code BEER. Would be great when you visit Toronto.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    That's great Ricardo...did not forget my friend I owe you a beer
    Are you and your brother going to catch a ball game again.

...Ralph
    Not sure about catching a game but you know my brother, he's going site seeing for sure

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    If your attending the show say hi then use the pass-code BEER. Would be great when you visit Toronto.

...Ralph
    Hmm...
    President - North American Discus Association

NADA has added a special program for Thursday night, July 12, from 8:00 to 9:30pm. This will give people attending the opportunity to show off their discus and other types of fish they keep, and their other pets!

It works like this: You shoot a narrated 3 to 5 minute video on your cell phone then load it onto a thumb drive. We will show it Thursday night at the convention. But to make this work we need at least 10 people signing up. We will have to cut it off at 20. We already have three people signed up If you want to participate and you are attending the show, send an email to discusnada@gmail.com with your name and indicating you plan to do a video for the Thursday night special program.

Thanks, Jerry
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Real Name
    Ricardo

Flight booked. My brother couldn't go unfortunately . How's Uber out there? Don't feel like renting a car as I dont plan on doing any local stuff. Catch some drinks locally and take up Ralph on his beer(s) offer lol

Cafepress.com

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Are there any bus tours of NYC offered by the hotel? That could be fun if there is time...

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Hi Ricardo, my daughter is just across the pond in Manhattan and Uber is quite a staple there. I’m sure it’s no different on the Jersey side. Another alternative is Lyft but I’ve never used them. You should have a very easy time getting around.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast