NADA     Aquatic foods

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Default Re: So Who is Going to NADA 2018??

That's great to hear, Barb - I'll tell her that - the more of this she knows, the more I think
    it'll convince her the trip will be worth while, I hope.

iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for a bit of help from you savvy friends -

I'd really like my wife Linda to accompany me to NADA 2018 - but she seems quite reluctant to do so - saying: "what am I going to do - I don't know any of the attendees except Pat - how many women are going to be there & what will they do as far as getting together & having a good time they will enjoy - any special plans for the women, either wives of members or female members attending the show - such as a visit to the nearby Woodbbrige Center Mall with 200 stores & so on !"

She's not interested in looking at championship discus being judged, but she does love meeting new people, and I think it would be an interesting, fun experience for her - anybody got anything to say that I can relay to her to convince her to come along and have a great time with all of you wonderful folks.

She's even changed her previous plans to go & visit her ageing mother a couple of hundred miles away in Trail, B.C. to consider whether or not I should book her on the flite with me to attend the show.

I'm looking for a bit of help here to convince her that she shouldn't miss this opportunity to attend NADA 2018!

Who's wives are accompanying heir hubbies, for example ?
    My wife is travelling with me, but will be visiting her brother nearby most of the time. She'll be joining me for the banquet though.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Thanks for posting Steve.
    Haven't succeeded in convincing Linda yet, but the aircraft seat right next to my selection, both going & returning, is still available, so maybe there's hope yet.

Registered Member
    iTrader

My wife will be traveling with me. She is not interested much in Discus, or aquariums/fish, but bless her heart for the first 18 years we lived in our current house she let me have a fish room that occupied almost the entire two car garage (at one time 80 aquariums, at one time a 3,000 gallon salt water lagoon, and lastly just a few larger aquariums, the biggest one being a 405 gallon custom built). I just this year took the fish room out, so now she can finally park her mini van in the garage. She is a retired foreign language teacher (fluent in Portuguese her native tongue, French, Spanish, German, and of course English) and would appreciate having some other non fish fanatic females to talk to while I'm looking at the show fish and sponsor tables. She loves N.Y.C., so we will be spending an evening there before and after. I look forward to meeting you DiscusPaul, and you Larry, (yes I too say we are going to N.J., and my wife says we are going to N.Y.C.), you as well Barb (I hope to buy a spawning cone or two from you) and all the other fine folks that will be attending. Although I have almost no posts on this forum, I have been a member here for about seven years, and now am ready to be a more active member/participant. I have kept discus for years, wilds and domestic, and have spawned some, and raised hundreds of babies. I used to breed and show fancy guppies years ago, and loved the friendly competition, and am interested in raising some high quality discus up to competition standards.

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the support Hicgup, and the informative & interesting post. Looking forward to meeting you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456