ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Kenny's Discus: 48 & Counting

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Brian

Thumbs up Kenny's Discus: 48 & Counting

I've been a loyal customer since my first order back in October 2017. Since that initial purchase, I've reordered 4 more times. Needless to say there are reasons why you should consider working with this guy (in no particular order):

1. He knows his discus: Kenny has been involved in the hobby since he was a teenager. The hobbyist throughout the years eventually became a really hard-working distributor who puts out impressive monthly shipping lists.

2. Customer service: He's reachable via email and text. Once you place your order, he usually gets back to you immediately to confirm. He makes suggestions based on your order and in the end, you'll end up with a nice group.

3. He cares: He wants to know how the fish arrived, if they're doing well. If you have problems, you can contact him and he'll give you suggestions. It's not all about just making a buck, he wants to make sure that you are satisfied with your investment.

4. Quality: I can't stress this enough. Every time I get a shipment delivered, it's like Christmas morning. The unboxing is one of the best experiences. Even though it takes several weeks for the discus to regain their full coloration, you can see the quality of your purchase from the moment you open the box. They're breathtaking!

5. Shipping & Handling: Two ways for you to get your discus - either via FedEx or Southwest Cargo. Every package is packed so well I don't understand how he does this by himself without a minion of helpers! Each discus is placed in methylene blue water with oxygen and placed in several layers of thick gauge plastic bags. The purpose is that just in case the discus pierces one of the bags, there is a safeguard so that it won't run out of water. Heat packs are added and he makes sure that the temperature to the destination is safe for shipping. Let's put it this way... the water in the bag is still warm!

6. Choices: This is the blessing and curse of working with Kenny... if you have no self-control, you'll be close to foreclosure! Each month I always find something that I want. There are so many strains that he offers, it will blow your mind.

The one advice that discus hobbyist often tell you is to work with one distributor. Well when it comes to Asian discus, he's your guy... enough said.
    Attached Images Attached Images