ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: black spots on cardnial tetra

Registered Member

Default black spots on cardnial tetra

Well i noticed today that one of my cardnial tetras has a bunch of small black spots its the only fish out of the 30 that i have that has them i really can't get a good picture of it but was just curious if anyone has dealt with this before and if so what is it sorry i don't have a picture not sure if anyone can help with that but thanks in advance

Real Name
    Mervin

Default Re: black spots on cardnial tetra

I had that years ago on my cardinals.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...se_(fish)Seems I couldn't cure that one.Shoot!! didn't load the right page but you can google Black spot disease.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    I had that years ago on my cardinals.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_...se_(fish)Seems I couldn't cure that one.Shoot!! didn't load the right page but you can google Black spot disease.
    I took him out of the tank took forever to catch that one cardinal but finally got him in a qt tank is black spot disease contagious it seemed like the only cardinal to have it but thanks for the response.

Real Name
    Mervin

When I had it or what seemed to be black spot,some of the other cardinals had it as well some didn't.It was a community tank and just the cardinals developed the spots.It was probably about 15 years ago;not sure if there found a cure for it.Did you google the images?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    When I had it or what seemed to be black spot,some of the other cardinals had it as well some didn't.It was a community tank and just the cardinals developed the spots.It was probably about 15 years ago;not sure if there found a cure for it.Did you google the images?
    Yes i googled the images thats exactly what it looks like black spot disease i don't think im going to put that cardnial back in my display tank i think im going to take a few cardnials out and put them in the qt tank with the cardnail with the black spots and see if they develop any spots but thanks