AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man's Best Friend Thread

Default Man's Best Friend Thread

Per Al's request, it's obvious if you are part of this forum, you are more or less an animal lover...But, if you'd like to share some photos or stories of your pups, let this be the place!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Mike

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Default Re: Man's Best Friend Thread

nice thread Mike, and I agree that dogs are awesome!! Here is my 8 year old yellow lab/german shepherd mix. His name is Shep, we're best friends.
    shep in pasture.jpg
    ~JACKLYN~

What a great idea for a thread! lol

nice cannines!
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I am a dog groomer and a dog lover. I own 8 dogs. They include a gas station dog, a dog found by the interstate, an under my old condemned hurricane Katrina dog, and ugly puppy found under the steps leading to the front door, a vacant lot dog, and few that were given to me because the owners no longer wanted them.

This is a pic of my number 1 dog. He was the ugly puppy found under the steps on Christmas day on 2014. He looked to be around 5 weeks old, buy could have been older. He had almost no hair due to scarpotic mange and was full of worms. I couldn't even tell what breed he was. I called him Ugly Puppy. As he grew he turned into a handsome pet quality chow. He had a heart of gold but by the time I realized that Puppy was the most stupid name in the world he knew that his name was Puppy. Unlike most Chows he was extremely smart and had a kind loving nature. I changed his official name to Saint puppy but his call name is still Puppy even at 14 hears of age.

I took this pic 2 years ago when he was in good shape but feeling his age. It was the first time I gave him a summer hair cut. Now, 2 years later he has the same problem with his back as I have. We are even on the same meds so we can share! He and I both hurt but the meds are good. We have our good days and our bad days but we're still getting around well and we're both happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama Bear

This is my obese girl, Kate. She found wandering along the interstate. She was skinny then. She was a pretty thing when she put on a little weight, but I feed my dogs free choice and I guess she decided that she wanted to bulk up in case she had to go with out again. She went a bit overboard and now she is almost as wide as she is long. When she walks her udders swing underneath her. She got so heavy that I bought her a set of steps so I didn't have to lift her on the bed every night. Despite her weight she is in excellent health at 12 years of age. she is worthless but she is sweet and she is happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama Bear

This is my number two dog, Bruno. I have only had him slightly over a year. He has quite a story.

I was at the shop and two women came in who I'd seen walking the streets in Ellisville. They are mother and daughter and when I talked to them it was easy to see that they had all kinds of mental problems. The mother said, "Will you take my dog?" I didn't want a dog but if I saw it and evaluated it's temperament and took a good look at it might be able to help find him a home. The story was that they had never allowed him outdoors because the land lord forbid dogs, but the land lord found out anyway.

The next day they walk in carrying this trembling brindle puppy in what looked like an old bath robe. I looked in his eyes and saw fear and hopelessness. I talked to him and when I reached out to pet him he peed himself. My heart broke. I knew that I was the only hope for this frightened puppy so I took him. He stayed in a cage while I finished grooming my last dog then I bathed him and took him home. He was scared to death the whole time and I talked to him the whole time.

Now, I let all my animals run free. I have 23 chickens, 1 horse, 1 cat, and 8 dogs and they can go all over the countryside if they want to. But they don't. This 5 month old terrified puppy would be let out of the car and be allowed to run free. It worked like it always does. He ended up making friends with my older dogs. It took a little time because they all had to check him out and decide that he OK. He ran and ran and ran and had a blast. He saw that all the older dogs trusted me and he decided to trust me enough to come in the house at night. He slept touching me from day one but his trust in me wasn't complete. I need to stop now and post the pics. I could write a dang novel about this dog.DSC_0673.JPGDSC_8865.jpg
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I am a dog groomer and a dog lover. I own 8 dogs. They include a gas station dog, a dog found by the interstate, an under my old condemned hurricane Katrina dog, and ugly puppy found under the steps leading to the front door, a vacant lot dog, and few that were given to me because the owners no longer wanted them.

This is a pic of my number 1 dog. He was the ugly puppy found under the steps on Christmas day on 2014. He looked to be around 5 weeks old, buy could have been older. He had almost no hair due to scarpotic mange and was full of worms. I couldn't even tell what breed he was. I called him Ugly Puppy. As he grew he turned into a handsome pet quality chow. He had a heart of gold but by the time I realized that Puppy was the most stupid name in the world he knew that his name was Puppy. Unlike most Chows he was extremely smart and had a kind loving nature. I changed his official name to Saint puppy but his call name is still Puppy even at 14 hears of age.

I took this pic 2 years ago when he was in good shape but feeling his age. It was the first time I gave him a summer hair cut. Now, 2 years later he has the same problem with his back as I have. We are even on the same meds so we can share! He and I both hurt but the meds are good. We have our good days and our bad days but we're still getting around well and we're both happy.
    Thanks for sharing Liz!

I have a similar dilemma with my dog "Little Dude" he was only little for a month (if that), being mainly a bloodhound mix he's pretty big at about 85lbs. It's also kind of odd, out of my 3 dogs, he is the only one that has acquired many names or nicknames (at the fault of my better half mostly) and he responds to most: Chunk, Duder, Lil' Toot, and Wompus. He is my first hound dog, as i have always had bird dogs, and he will not be the last...if you want a super loyal dog that is content with relaxing on the couch 24/7, he is that guy.

This was the first day he came home from the shelter.
    [IMG][/IMG]

And this is now
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Mike

He's beautiful, Mike.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    He's beautiful, Mike.
    Thanks, I really like your Bruno (your other dogs are awesome too) his coat and face kind of remind me of a Wild African Dog that you see on National Geographic or something..super cool!
    Mike

His build reminds me of a Whippet. He has the same musculature, the same straight front, the same slight raised loin. He runs like the wind the same as a Whippet. But he is not a sight hound. You can tell by his head that somehow doesn't suit his body. People say he looks like a Dingo but Dingo's are terrible dogs. I can see the resemblance but Bruno is a great dog.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gabriel

This is Maximus, my supervisor. Also from his perspective hes my advisor as well. I can do nothing without Max. I know where nothing is and I need his approval for every fish project. Slash that. Every project that I do. He has also dragged me into his favorite past time of stopping to smell the flowers, every flower. Even in the rain when Im getting soaked and I really need him to do his business. Its his Zen thing lol. Hes 6 months today and as much of a teenager as I need him to be. Probably a little too much of one. All legs, appetite and I know everything attitude. lolDSC03577.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel13 View Post
    This is Maximus, my supervisor. Also from his perspective hes my advisor as well. I can do nothing without Max. I know where nothing is and I need his approval for every fish project. Slash that. Every project that I do. He has also dragged me into his favorite past time of stopping to smell the flowers, every flower. Even in the rain when Im getting soaked and I really need him to do his business. Its his Zen thing lol. Hes 6 months today and as much of a teenager as I need him to be. Probably a little too much of one. All legs, appetite and I know everything attitude. lolDSC03577.jpg
    Maximus is really cool looking pup. Love the ears! Im partial to black animals though. He reminds of my cat in his behaviors as well. He has the look of an animal just itching to do something..anything!
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gabriel

Oh my goodness! That's him all day. What can I get into now? non-stop busybody.

yep...just like my boy Dante.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Patty

D161DD1C-2F26-41DE-954F-7CE3806DB3BF.jpg
    Great thread idea. This is my 14 yr old Border Terrier. She has cataracts and is hard of hearing, but she can still find a small crumb on the floor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast