Dennis Discus     AquaticSuppliers.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 60 of 60

Thread: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

  1. #46
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Hello,

    New member here and I have just got into hobby for discus. I have a 42gallon tank and 4 discus right now. Is that enough and what are the things I need to look out for as per their behavior to notice something strange?

    My tank setup right now is attached as well. Please let me know if there is something that needs changing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #47
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,493
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sajal46 View Post
    Hello,

    New member here and I have just got into hobby for discus. I have a 42gallon tank and 4 discus right now. Is that enough and what are the things I need to look out for as per their behavior to notice something strange?

    My tank setup right now is attached as well. Please let me know if there is something that needs changing.
    Very nice! I like the background photo. Using the generally prescribed fish per gallon rule of 1 fish per 10 gallons of water then 4 would be enough. Some will say go to bare tank except that your tank is decorative and only might be a little more with maintenance because of the gravel. Otherwise it is simple and attractive. For starters this will work for you I suspect.

  3. #48
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    27
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Will

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Hello Everyone My name is Will, I am new to this forum, and I am exited to hopefully learn a lot about discus on here! I just want to ask how can I start a thread, or ask a question?

  4. #49
    Moderator Team LizStreithorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Moselle, MS
    Posts
    10,049
    iTrader
    12 (100%)

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Log in. Find the sub forum you want to post in. Hit "New Thread" Give your thead a title and type away. When you're done saying or asking what you want so say, hit "Submit Thread".
    Mama Bear

  5. #50
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,493
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Willfish03 View Post
    Hello Everyone My name is Will, I am new to this forum, and I am exited to hopefully learn a lot about discus on here! I just want to ask how can I start a thread, or ask a question?
    Hi, Will! Welcome! Find the main forum page. Find the general topic heading then click. Click on begin new thread, title thread. Ask question just as you have already done.

  6. #51
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    187
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Hi!
    I haven't had a chance to introduce myself. My name is Pawel and by some kind of combination of luck and choice I become an owner of few discus recently.

    It's really nice to see such a great community with so many helpful people and a lot of advices from well experience aquarists.

  7. #52
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    LaFaun Hoggard

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Hello everyone, I'm a discus newbie. I've been breeding and distributing cichlids for decades primarily in St. Louis where I was known as the Krib guy. During the past year after relocating to San Antonio I have bred and sold Betta's and Peacock cichlids. My profession is Water Treatment Technetium. I have a Discus tank set up and am looking for fish. Does anyone in the San Antonio, TX area have fish for sale? If not which Discus stores do you recommend.

  8. #53
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    4
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    John

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Hi, new member her and my name is John and we live in Augusta, GA. I’m planning to start my first ever discus tank next week and will be posting separately about that along with some questions.

    My first tank and fish were a 10 gallon gl tank with goldfish back in the late 70s! Then I moved up to Oscars until I went to college. Got back in to keeping fish about twenty years ago and have had African cichlids and other South American cichlids. Current have a 110 African cichlid tank, a 75 South American tank with green and yellow Severums.

    My wife of 27 years is unbelievably patient and enjoys watching and feeding the fish but that is it when it comes to our water pets We have two dogs, Lily and Talia. We call them our Georgia brown hounds as we rescued them 8 and 6 years ago. Lily is a beagle boxer mix and Talia is a lab pit bull mix. I also enjoy the outdoors, blacksmithing and am currently restoring a 65 Mustang with my 23 and 19 year old sons.

    This forum looks great and I’m glad to have found it and look forward to sharing and learning.
    Best,
    John

  9. #54
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    187
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johneo View Post
    I also enjoy the outdoors, blacksmithing and am currently restoring a 65 Mustang with my 23 and 19 year old sons.
    John, do you know that you have to show that Mustang? Otherwise no one would reply to your future posts at all

  10. #55
    Silver Member Iminit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Long island
    Posts
    899
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Tom

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Welcome John!! Looking forward to your discus build! Also there is a car thread .

  11. #56
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    4
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    John

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    O my, the pressure is on now - here’s the mustang with one of our dogs, Talia, making a guest appearance. Rear end has been rebuilt with new trac-lock system and waiting for new brakes to arrive then reinstall. Head is at machine shop and then time to reassemble to rebuilt bottom end and new T5 transmission. Instead of a ‘frame off’ restoration, we’ve turned this one into a ‘drive train off’ restoration!

    7D018204-35FB-4333-824B-115378D80841.jpg

    7D55EF42-2C5B-4F9E-9E99-7605CAB0A601.jpg

    Hope the discus tank gets set up faster than this! But fun times and thankfully my wife has not made the discus tank conditional on completion of the Mustang and returning her parking space in the carport.

    Best!

  12. #57
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    Posts
    3
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    matt parsons

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    My name is Matt Parsons.
    I was on this forum way back in the day. I have kept a few discus and bred a few as well. I made some great friends and maybe hurt a few people’s feelings as well.( sorry about that) I took a break for awhile but an now slowly getting back into it. My life took me in a direction where keeping fish, or any pet was not possible but due to health reasons, I am no longer able to live that life. It may be a blessing because I was very passionate about discus and now I’m able to rekindle that passion.
    I am very glad this forum has survived and grown into what it is today. I am grateful to have this resource to learn again the things I forgot and hopefully I can be even a little as successful as the people on this site.
    Great job Al!
    Respectfully, Matt

  13. #58
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,493
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Quote Originally Posted by matt parsons View Post
    My name is Matt Parsons.
    I was on this forum way back in the day. I have kept a few discus and bred a few as well. I made some great friends and maybe hurt a few people’s feelings as well.( sorry about that) I took a break for awhile but an now slowly getting back into it. My life took me in a direction where keeping fish, or any pet was not possible but due to health reasons, I am no longer able to live that life. It may be a blessing because I was very passionate about discus and now I’m able to rekindle that passion.
    I am very glad this forum has survived and grown into what it is today. I am grateful to have this resource to learn again the things I forgot and hopefully I can be even a little as successful as the people on this site.
    Great job Al!
    Respectfully, Matt
    Welcome, Matt! Anything of note happening this weekend in Green Bay? Get you some fish and let's get going!

  14. #59
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    Posts
    3
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    matt parsons

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Welcome, Matt! Anything of note happening this weekend in Green Bay? Get you some fish and let's get going!
    .
    Thanks for the welcome.

    There’s the playoff game but since COVID it doesn’t mean much for our little town. No visitors, no bands, no fun. Lol. My excitement will be water changes. How about for you?

  15. #60
    Administrator jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    O.P. KS
    Posts
    5,154
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Brian

    Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

    Quote Originally Posted by matt parsons View Post
    There’s the playoff game but since COVID it doesn’t mean much for our little town. No visitors, no bands, no fun. Lol. My excitement will be water changes.
    And Chiefs vs Packers!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cafepress