ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Old but New.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matthew Peter Brown

Default Old but New.

Hi Gang, at 52 I,m now ready to look for my long time dream....WILDS....Tefe Greens....with some red spots.

I have been fish keeping since around 2000 and have had big planted tanks ....discus only tanks...etc.

My tank is a 5x2x2 with 100 litre. could have a 9lx3hx2w....big money.

looking too learn about SUMPS....and 100% con water systems....Foods for wilds.....and were too buy in the UK???.

would like to make friends with anyone with Wilds here a the UK....I,m in Heathfield, East Sussex.

I restore High end classic cars for Precision Panel Craft Ninfield, Battle. classic Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Cheers Matthew Brown.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Old but New.

Hi Matthew and welcome to SimplyDiscus. In case you are on Facebook consider joining a British based group called B.I.D.K.A 2 British & International Discus Keepers Association https://www.facebook.com/groups/282706469124539. Might be a starting point for sourcing some wilds in your neck of the woods
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matthew Peter Brown

Thanks for Reply.I,m not on facebook....but wife is...i,m looking for modern system idea,s etc.....sumps.... I used to pump fresh RO/hma water into a 100litre tank under my big tank then warm water before pumping into the tank.

as for draining ...i had a T piece inline on my EHEIM green tube with a tap on the short piece of pipe which was poked in the overflow outlet on my 100litre collecting sump.

The sump overflow had a long plastic pipe which went under the floor and though the brick wall and out to the drain.........the RO thin red pipe was inside this drain pipe which ended up dripping water into the sump.

i could automate the whole set up in the future.....and would like to use white solid filter piping.

Real Name
    Tom

Welcome Red Eye! I’m not a user of sumps but I do use wet/dry systems. Similar to sumps but been around for a long time. Since your wife is on Facebook go to marketplace and see if there are any used systems. The systems last forever. Just pumps need to be replaced. Hear a pic of one of my tanks with wet/dry.FAF099ED-DA3C-4CDF-B608-0117B78509ED.jpg. Used these systems are cheap. Here in the U.S. used ones are readily available.

Also have a pair of classic cars .6613BB7F-AACC-4B4A-86A9-14784C1A1E40.jpg.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matthew Peter Brown

Thank you for reply, will have to look into wet/dry filters....i have a eheim thermo II old now but very good quality.

Cool cars.....just restored a 74 911S for the drummer of Oasis....and for 2024 i have 2 356,s to restore one bad 59 and one rare RHD Roadster 58.