Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Welcome to SimplyDiscus!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie_59 View Post
    Hi all.

Been on here for a few months just reading up mainly. Some great information on here and cant believe how well I am going with these Discus;.
    Hi Shannon and welcome to Simply. I would love to see some pictures of your discus. Sounds like you are enjoying them.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Welcome to Simply Shannon. We would love to hear more about your fish and like Pat said, pics would be great, too.
    Mama Bear

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I want to welcome all these new members to Simply Discus. You will learn so much here, as the rest of us have. Just read and read.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Shannon and welcome to Simply. I would love to see some pictures of your discus. Sounds like you are enjoying them.
    Pat
    IMG_20180619_181300.jpgIMG_20180619_181413.jpgIMG_20180619_175524.jpgIMG_20180619_204651.jpg

Thank you all for the great welcome all. Here are a few pics. The Blue Scorpion and Checkerboard Pigeon? are laying eggs as i post. This is there second lot. Managed to get 7 out of the tank from the last batch which are doing ok. Still a amateur artificial raising. But now I know they are a proven pair will have to get a breeding tank.This artificial raising is hard work at the moment. And the other two at the right side of the tank have eggs on the cone at the moment there second go. I am a bit overstocked at the moment but looking to get another a Juwel 460 Vision just not paying two and a half grand. Must be doing something right.

Hope I was meant to post the pics here.

Cheers really appreciate the warm welcome

Shannon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Pat

Really pretty tank Shannon It's funny how a PB and non PB always seem to pair up!!
    Pat

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Shannon

There amazing to watch. Woke up last week thought they ate them. Just moved them. 3 times that happened. Any way will see how they go with this lot and get a 100lt tank for them. There starting to get it right after a few goes.

Thanks Pat

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie_59 View Post
    There amazing to watch. Woke up last week thought they ate them. Just moved them. 3 times that happened. Any way will see how they go with this lot and get a 100lt tank for them. There starting to get it right after a few goes.

Thanks Pat
    Welcome to Simply Discus. lts nice seeing another discus keeper from Melbourne.
    Would be interested in following a thread on your fish...Care to start one?
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Shannon

Only early days yet Pat. Was totally caught out with them breeding especially now they are succeeding and had a couple of losses in the beginning. Got spooked and hit the driftwood i suspect and then went down hill after that from there injuries. Tried to save them. Cut all the sharp bits of so had no incidents since I suppose this will be the next chapter in discus keeping trying to breed them.

I will get around to starting a thread.

Cheers

Real Name
    Debbie Patterson

Hi everyone, I am actually not new. Just returning after a long break from Discus. I used to breed as a hobby, I love these fish. I am still in management at Domino's Pizza. I have moved to Pineville, Mo. The water is not as easy on fish here as it was in mid Arkansas.
    The TDS is anywhere from 300 to 1000. Yes each tank is different even though water is from same place and everything is done the same. ph is almost 8. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. I have a 75 gallon ,3 55 gallons, 4 20 gallons, 1 29 gallon and 4 10 gallons set up with fish already. mostly discus. A few angels in the 75 gallon for now. I have Convicts and jack dempseys that were given to me. I accidentally killed the jack dempsey fry yesterday. Not sure exactly what I did. I have 2 batches of convict fry , not sure what to do with them. lol. I have 2 sets of breeding discus but neither are settled enough to breed yet. One pair my white butterflies, she lays eggs and he either watches or eats them. I am glad to be back and will enjoy getting to know each of you.

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Giniel View Post
    Hi everyone, I am actually not new. Just returning after a long break from Discus. I used to breed as a hobby, I love these fish. I am still in management at Domino's Pizza. I have moved to Pineville, Mo. The water is not as easy on fish here as it was in mid Arkansas.
    The TDS is anywhere from 300 to 1000. Yes each tank is different even though water is from same place and everything is done the same. ph is almost 8. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. I have a 75 gallon ,3 55 gallons, 4 20 gallons, 1 29 gallon and 4 10 gallons set up with fish already. mostly discus. A few angels in the 75 gallon for now. I have Convicts and jack dempseys that were given to me. I accidentally killed the jack dempsey fry yesterday. Not sure exactly what I did. I have 2 batches of convict fry , not sure what to do with them. lol. I have 2 sets of breeding discus but neither are settled enough to breed yet. One pair my white butterflies, she lays eggs and he either watches or eats them. I am glad to be back and will enjoy getting to know each of you.
    Hi Debbie and welcome back You really are a returning member. I would suggest starting a thread in the water works part of the forum to try and get a better handle on your water.
    Pat

Real Name
    Brian

I have moved to Pineville, Mo. The water is not as easy on fish here as it was in mid Arkansas.
    I love Pineville! I've been camping and canoeing there all my life!

Real Name
    Patty

Welcome back Debbie. My dad was from Little Rock Ar and my mom was from Mo. Arkansas’ hills are like roller coaster rides! Also saw the gateway to the west as a kid. Look forward to seeing pics of those white butterflies and the rest.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Hey Debbie,
    Welcome back! About the only thing I like as much as when a new member logs in and posts is when a previous one gets back into the hobby. Great having you back with us!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    paul chittenden

hi my name is paul and im in the uk. i am new to discus and learning all the time and hope to learn a lot more from this forum. i look forward to posting and reading your reply's. thanks for now

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by chtty View Post
    hi my name is paul and im in the uk. i am new to discus and learning all the time and hope to learn a lot more from this forum. i look forward to posting and reading your reply's. thanks for now
    Hi and welcome Paul .
    Sticky subjects in the begginers section and Al's (SD owner)1 hour video on discus is a great place to start with .
    Do not hesitate to ask questions and participate in any discusions , because participation from us members is what makes this forum going.

Good luck on your new journey Paul.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast