ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Discus not eating and thinning

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gina

Default Discus not making progress

Hi group, I’m new to the simply discus group. I’ve been having trouble with one of my guys lately, been doing treatment for my little guy for a week now using kanaplex he hasn’t been reacting to the treatment well I’ve don’t 50% water changes+kanaplex and he’s hasnt been eating he’s going thin and I did another water change today and tried epsom salt which I really hope it helps him.. can anyone please help me with my little guy all my other discus seem to be doing really well..
    Lilsayjay...

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gina

Default Re: Discus not making progress

Lilsayjay...

Gina,
    We would Like to try and help as this Discus is definitely not well. Could you give some back ground info? Theres a questionaire we use here...http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete Sorry your first experience here is in a disease issue.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Steve

Hi Gina and welcome to Simply Discus. Sorry your first posts are about trouble.
    I'll let those with more medication experience chime in there, but otherwise I think the outcome does not look good. The first thing I noticed is that he looks stunted. His eye is bigger than it should be for his body size, which usually means the conditions of its early growing period were not ideal and he did not progress as he should have early on, or that it's really a runt. Whatever the reason, his system is weakened and he now looks to be succumbing to some disease or other pathogen. By the time they start withering like this, the likelihood of recovery is very low. Keeping up with large water changes might be the best you can do for him.

If you can tell us more about your tank set-up, number of fish, etc, folks might have more to go on to offer advice.

Steve

Al beat me to it

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gina

Default Discus not eating and thinning

Hello, Im in need with one of my discus he’s not eating and getting thin I’ve treated my tank with kanoplex and done frequently water changes and still no progress... please help
    Lilsayjay...

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gabriel

Default Re: Discus not eating and thinning

Tell us more please. Tank size, tank stocking, water change schedule, water parameters, feedings and such. This way we can better understand whats going on with your discus. Pictures would be lovely too. Thanks

Also, size of discus, number of them, when you got them, & where you got them.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsayjay View Post
    Hello, Im in need with one of my discus he’s not eating and getting thin I’ve treated my tank with kanoplex and done frequently water changes and still no progress... please help
    Hi Gina, please fill out this questionnaire http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete. It will help us so we can hopefully help you.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

a start give non-ionized salt 100g/100litres then treatment metronidazole or api general cure , he look bad how long dont eat?