AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any bleu cheese fans out there?

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Any bleu cheese fans out there?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiscus View Post
    I'll plan to bring some cheese. Maybe someone else could pick up some crackers (some whole grain, maybe sesame). I'm hoping folks will want to hang out Thursday or Friday evening, maybe in the showroom, to socialize and have a couple brews or a glass of wine. (I'll be on my own those couple days ).
    Steve you will have many best friends and we will definitely share some good times in the fishroom.
    Wine is my preference with some good cheese/crackers. But I can't get photos that my wife will see enjoying myself because I already told her the Nada folks are going to work me like a dog the whole time.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Someone else can bring the crackers, put me down for supplying a bottle of Wollersheim Eagle White.
    President - North American Discus Association

This is why I love this forum. You just never know what’s gonna pop up. I’ve always liked blue cheese...I’m not an expert nor have I ever made it but this is kinda funny.

My daughter Lindsay has always been very sensitive to anything big... loud sounds, extreme temperatures, textures of clothing... you get the idea. I would never have seen this coming since the flavors are so “big” in blue cheese but as a tiny girl and to this day it’s been her all time favorite food. She’ll pick up a chunk and just start noshing on it. She will not be attending NADA with me but lives nearby in Manhattan and will certainly hear about the back room cheese tasting going on. It will most likely set the craving in motion and send her out to the market.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Well, I'm sure it's been said before in another thread - the blue cheese that Steve brought to the show was truly out of this world - best I've ever had, and I thought France had the edge there - but not so.

Sometime soon I'll be making a point to go down Steve's way in Oregon & get some of that fabulous blue !

Did you taste it Jenene ? If you didn't, you'll wish you had if you ever get the chance to taste it for the first time in future.

I know that if we hadn't been concerned about leaving some for others coming around later, Ricardo & I would have eaten the whole slab !

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Well I appreciate the fact that you and Ricardo left some Paul. It was awesome, even the one variety I didn't think I'd care for.

Thanks for the idea and bringing it Steve.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Well, I'm sure it's been said before in another thread - the blue cheese that Steve brought to the show was truly out of this world - best I've ever had, and I thought France had the edge there - but not so.

Sometime soon I'll be making a point to go down Steve's way in Oregon & get some of that fabulous blue !

Did you taste it Jenene ? If you didn't, you'll wish you had if you ever get the chance to taste it for the first time in future.

I know that if we hadn't been concerned about leaving some for others coming around later, Ricardo & I would have eaten the whole slab !
    Fact! lol

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks guys. I'm glad you liked it. Like I said there, I have nothing to do with it, but I'm kind of proud of our little creamery in town.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiscus View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm glad you liked it. Like I said there, I have nothing to do with it, but I'm kind of proud of our little creamery in town.
    I'd be proud too if I lived near that creamery !

Steve, I just tried a new blue cheese my wife bought for me yesterday, made in Chilliwack, B.C., a farming region not far from our city which is known as the 'dairy capital of B.C.'

IMO your Rogue Blue deserves a rating of 10, whereas this local one, while quite good, would rate a 7 at best - similar to the mildest one of the 3 that you brought to the show !

Registered Member

Can't go wrong with a nice juicy homemade burger patty topped with blue cheese and bacon!
    Mmmmm

Hmmm...I've never tried blue cheese on a burger. I always go with extra sharp cheddar. Thanks for a good idea.
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12