ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz's Contest Thread

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Liz's Contest Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I've been thinking and hoping and wishing and praying but the fish have lost that loving feeling. I am cursed.
    They are all just off taking a smoking break
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 07-04-2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Remove the "s" in https to embed vid.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

Smoke break is over. Time to play something else like maybe.
    Last edited by Swedgin; 09-18-2018 at 12:48 AM. Reason: vid embed
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

I got my Poret foam today. They are good there. They cut it to size.

I'm ashamed to say this but I haven't done WC for two days. I wasn't feeling well. Today I'll give that 120 they're in a flopping on the bottom WC. I don't know if it is true, but I have heard that if the fish feel threatened by bad water, when you put in good clean water it get them in the mood. I bet that's why I had all that pairing when I first put the fish from Chicago Discus together with my existing fish.everyone got horny.
    Mama Bear

Well, something worked. Eggs this morning. Pics this evening.
    Mama Bear

I didn't post pics yesterday as I said I would. I'll take pics after WC which I'm fixing to do now. So far it the same thing than I'm used to seeing. The eggs look fertile. Even without my glasses on they are hard and dark like good eggs should be. The problem is that they keep getting fewer and fewer. All I can do is hope that the pair figures out how to do it right. There are still enough eggs for them to raise if their brains turn on. I'm very afraid that once the tails emerge from the eggs they will become an treat for the pair. Nothing I can do but wait and see and hope for the best.
    Mama Bear

No sense in me posting pics now. After WC 'most all of the eggs are gone. It's a disappointment that I was pretty much expecting,
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I didn't post pics yesterday as I said I would. I'll take pics after WC which I'm fixing to do now. So far it the same thing than I'm used to seeing. The eggs look fertile. Even without my glasses on they are hard and dark like good eggs should be. The problem is that they keep getting fewer and fewer. All I can do is hope that the pair figures out how to do it right. There are still enough eggs for them to raise if their brains turn on. I'm very afraid that once the tails emerge from the eggs they will become an treat for the pair. Nothing I can do but wait and see and hope for the best.
    Liz, have you tried cleaning the tank really well with PP ? I believe most of the times eggs go bad not because of the tds but the bad bacteria that kills the eggs. I make this statement cause I tried RO water in my tank and eggs didn't hatch, but when I move the eggs to a separate container with RO - eggs hatched. Container is clean so maybe no bad stuff in it at all. Just my thoughts

I really don't think that's the problem but next time I get some action I'll drip some meth blue on the eggs. I believe that my existing Ricky Lim that I'm crossing to are egg eaters. If my home grown male ever gets it on with Chicago Discus lady I think I will get results. He was horny yesterday morning but she was not. No shimmying of cone pecking from him today. Perhaps she'll feel more in the mood next week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CI-0E_jses
    Mama Bear

Just like I figured the pair that spawned a week or so ago have eggs again. I decided just to leave them alone for now. If I see eggs disappearing I'll take out one of the parents.
    Mama Bear

Love ain't in the air around here but it sure is in the water. The female in with my favorite dude is spawning and he is fertilizing. This is the thing that I have been most hoping for. I'm trying to keep my excitement in check because Discus have disappointed me so many times, but my heart is beating fast.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

YES! The wave of best things that could’ve happened continues! I’m excited for you! Ride the wave Liz! Whoop whoop!!

Same old story. Eggs gone by yesterday afternoon. I have to bear in mind that among these 2 pairs there is only one fish with experience.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

Oh, I hope they get it right next time. At least they are a couple now.

Both pairs spawned yesterday evening. This morning I dripped meth blue on the eggs. I asked for 2 egg guards with the cones I bought from Barb's sale a weak ago but they haven't had time to arrive yet. The pair I want most to be successful chose spawned on the lift tube, anyway.
    Mama Bear

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast