ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Liz's Contest Thread

Default Re: Liz's Contest Thread

This project has been quite the ride, to say the least. It started wild and crazy, and went down hill fast. After treatment all the fish except my one existing RSG female are doing well. She is in a QT but I have quit the meds and am just doing large WCs on her. This is one of the Ricky Lim fish that I believed was compromised due to hormone treatment before I purchased her. That left me with 4 fish in the contest tank.

I decided the day before yesterday to remove the 2 males and 1 of the females from the contest tank to concentrate on the pair I thought was the best choice to give me the offspring I wanted. All 120 gallons are now devoted to the Spotted Snake Skin male of my own breeding (he's a cross between a RSG and a Blue Scorpion) and a Classic Leopard female from Chicago Discus.

I am seeing flirting. The bow, and twitch, and stare at the cone, but so far no action.

In the event that the contest ends before I get the chance to take and post more pics, hopefully with eggs on the cone I want to say that even though I have struggled, I have enjoyed the contest greatly. There were some wonderful stories by all the other entrants. I want to wish everyone luck and thank Al, Pat and all the mods for having the test. I hope that we do something similar soon.

The pics are of the Spotted Blue SS that I have posted here before, a decent pic of his girl friend, and a couple of them loving up to one of Barb's tall cones.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 09-10-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Liz, after folks are summing up their experience in their threads we are closing the thread. Do you want me to leave it open for now?
    Pat
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 09-10-2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Once everyone summarizes go ahead and close it, Pat. Until then, if I have anything new to report I will post. If I don't have anything new before then, I'll start a thread of my own on the pair once the contest is closed.
    Mama Bear

OMG! This morning they were just considering getting down and dirty. I just went down to do WC and things have become serious. My big WC put them off a bit but I could see it by that their actions that they were almost ready. I'll take pics of eggs on the cone in the morning, or if I'm lucky catch them in the action before I hit the sack.
    Mama Bear

Dang fish lied to me this morning but this afternoon the female's tube is down. To be continued in another thread is she doesn't get the laying done before the end of the contest.
    Mama Bear

Eggs! I have eggs!!!! They spawned while I was at the doctor so I missed it. At least I get to end this thread on an optimistic note. Here are two poor quality pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama Bear

I did my normal thing except I didn't change their water or feed them because they are 2 fish in a 120 wide and they won't want to eat because they're obsessed with their eggs. I pulled the cone and dribbled meth blue over them then put a guard over the cone.

If Pat doesn't close this contest soon, like she should, I'll post an update tomorrow.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

That's great news Liz.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Frank

Exciting. Hoping they live.

Real Name
    Tobi

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Eggs! I have eggs!!!! They spawned while I was at the doctor so I missed it. At least I get to end this thread on an optimistic note. Here are two poor quality pictures.
    Nice way to end the thread like that. Hope it works out this time..
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Patty

I hope you get the babies you’ve been waiting for. I’ve really enjoyed your thread. I laughed out loud at times and also felt your excitement, frustration and disappointment. I hope you’ll keep us posted on this beautiful pair. Im glad you get to end on a high note.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hoping for wigglers Liz
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

I hate to be forced to end this thread on a bad note but the same thing happened that has been happening. No wigglers. Just fungused eggs. At least I have the fry from the pair I removed from the contest tank because the female was terrorizing everyone. They are growing well and doing great.
    Mama Bear

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415