Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hobby/Story thread 2

Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: My Hobby/Story thread 2

If the discus are happy, I知 happy

Oh yeah. That was great!

I know that I am prejudiced because you bought the fish from me, but what I told you would happen is happening. The Half Blacks are fixing to spawn and are claiming their part of your tank. I love it.

I expect that they will spawn on the magnet. If you use the magnet often I suggest that next time you stick a piece on 1" PVC in their favorite corner so they can spawn on it in the future.

I love this thread. I think that I love it even more that your Discus thread. I can't wait for more.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 06-15-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    Mama Bear

Oops. I was wrong. They chose the lift tube. Goes to show I don't know everything.
    Mama Bear

Your Half Blacks had the same thing going on as the Discus had going on. For me it's the best part fish keeping.

I didn't set out to turn you into a breeder. I may have put a bug in your ear that you can't get out until you give in to it. Breeding isn't as easy but at least for me it's the additive. If you are smart you won't follow my lead.

But really, what could be more fun than seeing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

Liz,
    I was sure he had decided on the magnet too. I think he changed his mind when I planted the wood piece. I did that before I left today because I thought it was water logged enough. I would have preferred the magnet since it’s on the far left and the little ones could have the right side.
    I really don’t use the magnet, but today I bought this new pad that’s amazing. It’s stiff long lasting (bleach and dechlorinate) but wipes like butter.
    At this stage of my life I would have been happier with a gay pair of fish. At the same time thinking of a bunch of little half blacks swimming around makes me want to go buy some cigars. Ugh, maybe they will do like my discus and develop a taste for caviar. It’s a soap opera here. Don’t tell them I said the “soap” word. I don’t need anymore drama today!
    Here’s a pic of that wipe I’m lovingimage.jpg

Real Name
    Patty

Well for once my fishes plans and mine are the same. There were some unfertilized eggs that were eaten after wc yesterday. The pair were giving the littles ones hell, but this morning peace was restored. Eggs are gone. I moved the magnet cleaner to the other side of the tank and scrubbed it with my new pad.
    Hmm pics aren稚 loading now..I値l try again tomorrow.

Real Name
    Patty

I almost bought a new i pad yesterday, but the picture quality is not much better than the one I have and they should be coming out with a new one in a few months. I decided to wait for the new one. Still, it seems I can load some pics from my phone which is new and has better quality pics and for some reason I can稚 load them now. I loaded a bunch last night on my other thread no problem. Seems there痴 a devil in my angel thread! Ugh

Patty, I use the large green scrubby's made by 3M. Have you tried those and is the one in the picture better?
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

3M sounds familiar. I’ve used a variety including scotch brite, scrub daddy, and a green thin one. None of them took the algae off my black overflows. I wasn’t expecting this one to take it off either and just gave it a light back and forth and I couldn’t believe the result. I just found my receipt. They were $3.00 each. I highly recommend for algae and seemed to do real nice job on the glass too.

Did you buy it at a fish store or on line? i looked on both Amazon and eBay and found it on neither of them.
    Mama Bear

Found this:

"Where can I buy aquavitroョ products online?
    aquavitroョ is not sold online. Seachem is committed to supporting the independent dealers. For this reason, the aquavitroョ line is exclusively available in independent dealers."

They have a store locator (http://av.seachem.com/DealerLocatorStart.php) but not selling online is a bit of a head scratcher.

Real Name
    Patty

I bought mine from my fish guy. I’d say local fish guy, but he’s almost an hour away. He was saying how great they are so I bought 1 for each tank. I’m also surprised you can’t buy them on line.

There is no dealer within 60 miles of me. I'll call the number tomorrow.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

Let me know what you think. If someone had told me I would someday be a scrubbie connoisseur, I’d have told them they were nuts. Well look at me now! Ha ha. More proof that what Pat said (in your thread) is true.
    Patty

Real Name
    Patty

For some reason I can load pic in my other thread, ut not this one. I’ll try 1 more time

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast