AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Hobby/Story thread 2

Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: My Hobby/Story thread 2

2929DDE5-87D7-4EEA-B1A6-B892DA094A09.jpgmore eggs
    D8FDB0EA-E3C2-4D1C-BCC0-9653A0AAD793.jpgmore guardingE7DAD557-0919-410D-9FCC-DE7A55FEA894.jpg02D29C1E-474F-4833-8440-D4852FDEA1DD.jpgat least now the rest have more places to hide147909A2-0064-4959-984C-0F3595CFA57F.jpgThis crazy little plat won’t leave their area and is just to the right of their sword plant.
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Patty

One of these days I’m going to dig out my RO filter and let these babies hatch, but with company coming Thurs and a trip to Key West next weekend, it won’t be this batch. I wish the rest of the house looked as good as my tanks ha ha!
    Patty
    Last edited by Pices; 09-02-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Patty, you have no idea how good it make me feel to see that my fish are doing so well and have such a great home.

If you breed, the Half Blacks are the best ones to work with. They are hard to find and bring real money on Aquabid.

Dang, next I'll be teaching you how to ship. If you look at what you may be in for, you may want to just keep things as they are.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

Thanks Liz,
    I do love these fish. I don’t really want to breed, but I’m feeling guilty for not letting them live the dream so to speak and I would love to see a bunch of little baby half blacks just once. I tell you they go from angels to hells angels when they have eggs. Otherwise they just have attitude. Ha ha I find myself watching them more than the discus. I’m still doing daily wc and I can see the littlest one is having a growth spurt. I’m so glad I saw that pic you posted. Your fish are so beautiful and I couldn’t be happier.
    Patty

Real Name
    Patty

Some final photos: The Cory additions 035756EF-E4E4-47F1-A977-892659564861.jpg. The Little German Blue had a growth spurt 6C09333B-11DA-4D57-A3CF-706360F804B9.jpg[ATTACH] Eating dinner FC0DA207-6651-4A81-8E51-31963F7C3B94.jpg.
    Waving good bye1E3B215C-D50B-42C8-BFE7-F58F4E79932F.jpg
    It’s been great fun taking part in this contest. My experience with my angels has been rewarding. I m surprised by how much personality they have. They remind me of Discus in establishing a pecking order and just when you understand it, the pecking order changes.
    My planted tank was what I originally kept in my discus tank. After all the money I’d spent on that “planted” discus tank, only to find the forum when they got sick. Long story short I threw the swords in a 20 gal tank and told my husband I’d would use them in another tank as he was less than pleased to put all this money in just to shovel it out.
    Finally when the Discus graduated to the 125 gal tank. I looked at the empty 75 gal and started planning.
    I hadn’t decided on fish. I thought about shrimps and endlers and Cory’s and other tropical fish. Then I happened on some pics of Liz’s half blacks, then I saw her German Blue Pearlscale Blushers and that was it. I knew what my fish would be. I made a good decision as I’ve become a big fan of angels.
    My tank looked okay, but nothing special. I started looking at planted tanks and decided to do a make over. I’m happy with my fish and scape now. I’ve also added my Cory Cats from the 125 gal and will add some more later. The fish have more places to escape when The aggression starts.
    We never really get to view a group of people and their journey over months typically so that was the best part. I’ve felt others excitement and discouragement. It was great being part of it. I feel like I’ve gotten to know the people in the contest and others who commented. It was a genius idea that sets Simply Discus apart from other forums. I’m glad I took part in it.
    Patty

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456