AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Utes Time Lapse

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Two Utes Time Lapse

I hope that the pictures aren't looking all the same and the reason that i'm including some group shots. Obviously the changes wont be noticeable from day to day, but i hope that once i string them together over the next two months we will see the transformation appear in front of our eyes...hang in there with me.

1-35516068_10156106226255266_5732564498615631872_n.jpg1-35414330_10156106226285266_8253093629963272192_n.jpg1-35431400_10156106226145266_3596476004442308608_n.jpg1-35463482_10156106226215266_3660482669398982656_n.jpg

SC was the center of attention this evening
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Ive always been interested from the very start about these guys, and now wondering what they would be classified as. Would they be a spotted leopard?

1-35521597_10156110008985266_5406714465263550464_n.jpglp.jpg

SC pics for time lapse video. Is the RH dot on the cross changing shape? Its looking a little bit like a heart

sc1.jpgsc.jpg

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I've been flat out like a lizard drinking over the last few days helping our fishing club organize our annual presentation dinner, and with that out of the way i can start concentrating on my trip to America with my family and off coarse the NADA Discus show

Its not always a quick job to get SC to come to the front of the tank for a quick shot...well that and waiting for the lighting to be right to get minimum glare. I will try my best to get a few more day in before i leave for the trip on Friday.

The group are doing well, and from past experience i put it down to them being in a larger group. They are starting to fill the tank well and i think that after i get back from my trip i will have to take out four or five fish.
    Its always hard picking fish to remove as i starting to be able to recognize each of them from their different markings.

Here's a shot i took of the group during a water change yesterday, and with the rear cover off the tank1-36064694_10156124657725266_6079379646023991296_n.jpg

And a couple more off SC for his time lapse video to come at the completion of the comp.

b5.jpga7.jpg

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

My sincere apologies for not following through with this thread. Not trying to make excuses but being away for the three weeks and then busy with everything else going on after i got back put me off. I did go looking for the fish in question, and he had changed a little more. I must admit, i was getting a little bored with the images, and im sure you were too. I've been following some of the other contest threads, and enjoying the progress. Good on you all for seeing it through.

Real Name
    Tobi

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    My sincere apologies for not following through with this thread. Not trying to make excuses but being away for the three weeks and then busy with everything else going on after i got back put me off. I did go looking for the fish in question, and he had changed a little more. I must admit, i was getting a little bored with the images, and im sure you were too. I've been following some of the other contest threads, and enjoying the progress. Good on you all for seeing it through.
    Well it’s been 2 months since the last pic, would love to see a current one.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Never boring looking at your fish!

Real Name
    Patty

Joe, I’ve really enjoyed your thread.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Sure thing Tobi...Ill capture a new shot the first opportunity i get.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sabucchi View Post
    Never boring looking at your fish!
    Thanks Paul. Glad you like my fish. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Joe, I’ve really enjoyed your thread.
    Patty
    Thanks Patty. Didn't quit finish off like i had planned.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

1-20180829_165830.jpg

Don't think he'll be one that i'll be keeping when i reduce the group down to 12 in a week or two

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...SC...even though it has the "love heart" gene LOL

Real Name
    Jody M.

I am very much so enjoying this thread as a new member of this forum! I would love to continue seeing updates. Very good looking discus.

Real Name
    Tobi

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    1-20180829_165830.jpg

Don't think he'll be one that i'll be keeping when i reduce the group down to 12 in a week or two
    See, it was worth it though. Great progress and not the worst picture, either
    Last edited by Swedgin; 09-03-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Gold Member
    Real Name
    James Walker

What happens to the fish that don't stay when you 'reduce' the group?

Just curious as obviously the grow out potential of all discus even from a single batch isn't the same but do you end up with more males than females?

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...SC...even though it has the "love heart" gene LOL
    Hahaha...That's right Dan...Southern Cross's heart is not going to save him

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    I am very much so enjoying this thread as a new member of this forum! I would love to continue seeing updates. Very good looking discus.
    Welcome to the forum Jody.
    I noticed this was your first post. Glad you have enjoyed my little thread, but if you want to look at the whole journey on how i started up again check out my 'Back into Discus' thread.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-Discus/page21

I may put up another picture of this fish before i cut the group down to twelve, but im not sure yet...its always very difficult on deciding on who goes and who stays. The first two i pick will be very easy, as i dont like their shape at all. I would love to hear where you're at with the hobby, or if you're just thinking about starting out. One thing for sure is that you will get lots of enjoyment from the hobby, providing you follow some important guidelines.

See, it was worth it though. Great progress and not the worst picture, either

Tobi
    Thanks Tobi...There's still lots of water changes and work ahead...i just know that you know that

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    What happens to the fish that don't stay when you 'reduce' the group?

Just curious as obviously the grow out potential of all discus even from a single batch isn't the same but do you end up with more males than females?
    Hi James
    The fish that don't make the cut will be transferred to another tank i have outside in my garage where they will be put up for sale on 'Gumtree' which is very similar to your 'Craiglist'.
    In the last final group that i kept...this guys parents and siblings...it appeared that there were more females than males from all the egg laying activity that was going on, but i cant be 100% sure as i only kept and persued my first proven pair which i still have in my breeder tank.

The whole journey is documented here in my ' Getting back into Discus' Thread.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-Discus/page21

Thanks everyone for your interest.

Real Name
    Tobi

What’s the discus scene like Down Under in general, Joe? Is it hard to get some good fish? I recently saw that Santarem have an agent in AUS now, so at least some wilds are available. Should be nice for some enthusiasts.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast