AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Julian's Contest thread.

Real Name
    Julian

Default Julian's Contest thread.

Well my story in the hobby is in many ways similar to many , here in Simply.
    As a child I use to rump in streams and ditches of Cuba , catching guppies, and crayfish , and move from live bears to egg layers, as my older brother and my father were keeping fish way before I was born.
    In 1994 I came to this great country . by 1995 I join the Navy. Sometime around 2000. I bought a tank for my son, "suppously" . My fish keeper wake up in me again. And by 2002 I have my first Fish Dealer Florida State License , and was selling Angels and the occasional Discus. I have to admit my survival rate was terrible as well as even growth for the fry, sometime around 2007 I found Simply, as guest first , even forget my password. but by 2009 I was an active member . I have breed a few strains of domestics through out the years from the easiers to the Albinos an taste some waters around the Country , like Virginia, Hawaii, Florida and even over seas Italy, and Bahrain .
    Sometime around 2015 my focus shifted to Wilds and a few domestics , with ocassional Angels, or blue rams. I still learning , and I have had a lot of aha moments here in Simply. but I do share my experience with anyone that ask.
    So here are some pictures of what are currently working, with the exception of my domestics tanks.

fullsizeoutput_2d9.jpeg This pair is Male Blue face Heckel and Female Stendker Red Turquoise They are about 4 years but still kicking axx.
    Last edited by Pardal; 06-14-2018 at 01:17 AM.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Julian

Default Re: Julian's Contest thread.

Attachment 116042

These are my other wilds with and intruder a male Blue Diamond. There are two Cuipeuas, one Brilliant Heckel, and an Alenquer Blue Royal. my apologies as I just wake them up ( turn on the lights) as wasn't sure to enter more tanks in the contest.
    Last edited by Pardal; 06-14-2018 at 01:33 AM.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Julian

Attachment 116043
    Here is the Angels invasion , Veil silvers, and Mottled Silvers with Blue genes, they are SD to Sub-adults size.
    Last edited by Pardal; 06-14-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Julian, the attachments on your second and third posts aren't coming through. The first pair looks great though. Always cool seeing fish interact with the hardscape.

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Adam S View Post
    Julian, the attachments on your second and third posts aren't coming through. The first pair looks great though. Always cool seeing fish interact with the hardscape.
    Yes , wilds and this Red Turq ignore prefer the drift wood over man made cones.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Julian, see if you can repost the pics in a new post and I will try to fix your posts above.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Julian

fullsizeoutput_2d8.jpeg The Angels invasion second try.

Real Name
    Julian

fullsizeoutput_2da.jpeg
    The rest of the wilds, with an intruder a Blue Diamond to make an ood number, 2 Cuipeuas, 1 Heckel 1 Royal. will get better picture today.

Real Name
    Tobi

Quote Originally Posted by Pardal View Post
    fullsizeoutput_2da.jpeg
    The rest of the wilds, with an intruder a Blue Diamond to make an ood number, 2 Cuipeuas, 1 Heckel 1 Royal. will get better picture today.
    Oooh, I like those. The red one looks stunning.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Julian

Thanks Tobi, is actually my favour of the red cuipeuas.

Real Name
    Julian

Well I think I going to stick to only two tanks, The pair Blue Face Heckel x Red Turquoise . and my other wilds.
    Just want to mention they were all in my display 150g. , But I moved 5 of them , and let the pair in the 150g. as everytime I move them to a breeding tank , they loose their motivation.

Real Name
    Julian

fullsizeoutput_2dc.jpeg

So this spoiled pair , have a 150g all for themselves to breed. They have spawn several times, and one of them with wigglers, but were less than a dozen, they move them all over the driftwood, and then they disappear, this time if we get wigglers I will reduce the water level to half.
    Last edited by Pardal; 06-14-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Real Name
    Julian

These are the rest of my wilds plus an intruder, unfortunately he has to hang with them as the rest of my domestic stock is compose of only 3 breeding pairs at the moment. The tank is an old 55 gallon acrylic in my fish room. I got the feeling all are males, so not expecting anything happen. will give some individual close up in the future.
    fullsizeoutput_2de.jpeg
    Last edited by Pardal; 06-14-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Real Name
    Julian

Image 6-14-18 at 6.53 PM.jpg
    So all the eggs turn white, not fertile, The Heckel is not doing his job right, as I notice . He was "penciling" next to the eggs and above, and not on them, I going to add a flat type, cone/slate, hopefully they take it, over the drift wood.

Real Name
    Julian

Today's post of the Second tank.
    A close up of the Brilliant Heckel.
    fullsizeoutput_2e1.jpeg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast