ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Julian's Contest thread.

Real Name
    Julian

Default Re: Julian's Contest thread.

fullsizeoutput_2e3.jpeg
    This is today's post the rest of my wilds in the 55 gallon.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Julian

fullsizeoutput_2e4.jpeg
    The pair BF Heckel X S Red turquoise with the flat cone, to avoid the male sliding to circumference and not fertilizing the eggs, hope they take it.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Patty

I am really liking that Red Culpeuas wild. I don’t have any but I would like to learn how to keep them once I master the domestics. I’ve never seen a flat cone. Hope they get the hang of it.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Julian

Barb , makes flats ("cones" or should I said spawning plate/slate) as per request and I had seen in some videos, from europe in a pair of heckels precisely , that was actually hanging in the side of the tank, mine is actually from my angels, the problem is my male Heckel tends to go to the side following the circumference shape of the drift wood, and mixes more than he pencils.
    Real Cuipeaus tend to be pricey, I used to pay for them in two installments a deposit and then final payment as they were from Wsabby . for the wilds focus in the water hardness more than in ph. I aim for a TDS of 70 to 100. with my middle point around 75ppm. There is a little bit more in to it. as I had find out that GH and KH my differ from the traditional way to estimate hardness by TDS divide by 10 after all TDS is an approximate value as your hardness is not Calcium only, the other main element is magnesium. and TDS well that could be a lot other stuff besides these other two.
    Pat's has some nice sticker in her homestead section about parameters for wilds .
    Julian.
    Last edited by Pardal; 06-19-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Real Name
    Patty

I definitely see wilds in my future once I master the domestics. I know they’re more work so I may have to wait till I retire or win the lottery. Since I never remember to buy a ticket, it will definitely be a while.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Julian

lol, i am pretty sure you will do well with wilds, Patty.
    Julian.

Real Name
    Julian

Ok, folks and out the race, too many things going on. Good luck to everyone.
    Julian.

Real Name
    Tobi

Shame. I thought this was quite an interesting thread.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12