ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fry Feeding time ****UPDATED****

Default Re: Fry Feeding time ****UPDATED****

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Your fry images are gorgeous Al and the fry look fantastic How old are they? You working with any other pairs/fry?
    Pat
    Thanks Pat ...I think they are alittle over 6 weeks from freeswimming... give or take. I don't pay as much attention to it as I used to.As long they are growing well I am happy .

I am working on a few other snakeskin crosses to wilds right now as well. I really like this pair alot but its one of the other pairs that I am really stoked over. Its a wild greenx Blue snake skin That should be very interesting .

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Thanks Pat ...I think they are alittle over 6 weeks from freeswimming... give or take. I don't pay as much attention to it as I used to.As long they are growing well I am happy .

I am working on a few other snakeskin crosses to wilds right now as well. I really like this pair alot but its one of the other pairs that I am really stoked over. Its a wild greenx Blue snake skin That should be very interesting .

Al
    I think you have posted pics of that pair Al. The fry could be very interesting I think.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Fry Feeding time in the tank

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay21 View Post
    I'm yet to try the DiskusGold Pellets. Thank you for sharing
    These were my favorite to feed to my discus. Best pellets for discus IMHO

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Great pictures Al, there's nothing like putting a bunch of baby Brine Shrimp in and then seeing all of the fry with swollen pink bellies.

You couldn't ask for a group of better looking fry.
    Mama Bear

The stubby ventrals on discus fry always make me smile. Nice group, Al.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Really nice looking fry Al. Some appear to have more of a red base and others blue. In the creation of the fine line BS's do you know what strains were involved?

Real Name
    Filip

Great looking pair and fry Al.
    I got 2 questions , what does "fine line " stands for in this particular discus pair and any other discus in general , and do you crush the Diskus biogold pellets in smaller particles or are they big enough at 6 week to eat them uncrushed ?

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Really nice looking fry Al. Some appear to have more of a red base and others blue. In the creation of the fine line BS's do you know what strains were involved?
    These are all from the same pair of Blue snakeskins and will give a combination of snakeskin and blue based turqs. For the most part they will all change color by adults to the same blue base. Many discus strains start out as brownish as fry and "color up" as their patterns fill in.
    There is also the change given the plasticity of discus genetics that you will get oddballs and throwbacks from breeding 2 fish. If you are trying to maintain a strain you want to remove these fish from the population. Personally I like to get some of these oddball fish in a spawn. They can be quite interesting and they can potentially lead to new strains.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Great looking pair and fry Al.
    I got 2 questions , what does "fine line " stands for in this particular discus pair and any other discus in general , and do you crush the Diskus biogold pellets in smaller particles or are they big enough at 6 week to eat them uncrushed ?
    Thanks Filip,
    The "Fine Line" refers to the pattern of the parents being just that.. composed of very fine lines as opposed to something like a scorpion snakeskin which has less pattern. Many would just call them all snakeskins which is fine but having bred scorpions and fine line snakes I try and keep them separate in my notes.

I dont feed "biogold" Filip. Thats a different product. I feed Diskus Gold Planktoplus which is a product I sell.The Diskus Gold pellets I feed are fed whole by 5-6 weeks age. The fry do the work of picking on them. prior to that I finger crumble them. Their first feeding of these are usually at s few weeks and for that one I use a coffee grinder to make a fry size food.

You can see the whole pellets of Diskus Gold here..

83.jpg

82.jpg

hth,
    Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-06-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    These are all from the same pair of Blue snakeskins and will give a combination of snakeskin and blue based turqs. For the most part they will all change color by adults to the same blue base. Many discus strains start out as brownish as fry and "color up" as their patterns fill in.
    There is also the change given the plasticity of discus genetics that you will get oddballs and throwbacks from breeding 2 fish. If you are trying to maintain a strain you want to remove these fish from the population. Personally I like to get some of these oddball fish in a spawn. They can be quite interesting and they can potentially lead to new strains.
    Thanks So. I would kinda like to pot-luck of some groovy odd ball patterns as well. Guess I'll have to breed me some domestics one day hey?!

Flickr links removed ... info here.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

looking good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123