AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Please help my emergency with my RL I really not sure what to do :/

Registered Member

Default Please help my emergency with my RL I really not sure what to do :/

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them? Started last week and she practically turned dark overnight. Started with her switching between left and right side fins to swim, next day she started turning dark rapidly and noticed some mucusy white poop, and had really rapid breathing. Started treating with Praziquantel 2 days ago thinking it's flukes. But today I woke up for work and she is literally standing on her tail listing around the tank :/

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).
    Not eating, rapid breathing, turned dark, tail standing, white poop, swimming lazily and switching between fins

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.
    Started Prazi 2 days ago at a 1/4tsp for 55g which I'm hoping is around .5gr since my scale will only read a full gram..

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish. 55gallon 8 months old. 3 discus (2.5in,4.5in, and my Sick RL is 6in) 3 cories and 6 Cardinals

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).
    98% everyday to every other day

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it? 8 month old BB tank

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.
    24 to 48hour aging process. 7.2-6.8 or 6.6

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp _____ 85F

- ph _____ 6.6

- ammonia reading ____0

- nitrite reading ____0

- nitrate reading ____5-10

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water ____100%

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.
    None at all

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.
    Everyday they get 2 cubes of Als FDBW, pinch of omega1 color flakes, pinch of Colbalt discus Hans flakes, and some times I'll throw in some frozen mysis shrimp with spirulina

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.this was taken this morning before work I'm almost off and am dreading to see what she is doing now..Screenshot_20180626-164318.jpg this was her last weekScreenshot_20180626-164636.jpg

Registered Member

Default Re: Please help my emergency with my RL I really not sure what to do :/

propapbly you cant help her, but you can try salt dip, methylene blue, some stuff on bacteria

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Is it’s belly swollen? If yes try adding epson salt to help clear the block for 24 hours.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Her belly wasn't swollen at all Pat.. I came home and she was dead stuck behind the sponge filter. I'm heartbroken and idk what happened to her to have such a rapid decline. My 2 other discus are happy as ever attacking food with the occasional body shaking and fin flicking that makes me think there are some flukes in there but for the largest one to go so quickly from it while the smaller ones are doing fine doesn't make sense to me

Real Name
    Patty

I hope you can get to the bottom of this. She was so pretty a week ago. Maybe check out threads on tail standing or white poop while you wait for more advice and see if anything rings a bell? I’ve dealt with white poop, but other symptoms were different so I’m not comfortable offering advice. Have you put her in a hospital tank? Good luck with her and I’m sorry I can’t help you more.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Zclover95 View Post
    Her belly wasn't swollen at all Pat.. I came home and she was dead stuck behind the sponge filter. I'm heartbroken and idk what happened to her to have such a rapid decline. My 2 other discus are happy as ever attacking food with the occasional body shaking and fin flicking that makes me think there are some flukes in there but for the largest one to go so quickly from it while the smaller ones are doing fine doesn't make sense to me
    Sorry to hear this but this stuff does happen and it's hard not knowing what went wrong or how to fix it
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

i sure its some kind bacteria and propably fungus

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Zclover95 View Post
    I see your post came up 1 minute after mine. So sorry. I’m in a similar situation with one of mine that continues the struggle so I continue to try to help her. I know how perplexing these problems can be. It’s even more worrisome when you don’t know the cause. I don’t know if this will help, but my others are fine weeks later. Fingers crossed that yours will be too.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy