AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Fdbw

Silver Member

Default Fdbw

I have been feeding my fish Al's FDBW with spinach for a couple of years. I usually freeze them and only take a handful out to feed. My question is how long does the unfrozen cubes last? will they go bad in say 2 weeks time? That's about how many i take out to feed them daily.

Thanks,
    Jim

Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: Fdbw

I keep my kg of cubes in my "beer fridge" and re-fill a smaller bag every two weeks or so to keep by the tanks. I think as long as they stay dry, they will last a long time.

Real Name
    Ralph

I get mine locally in 50g bags that are foil lined with zip-lock. I keep one bag on the shelf until complete which is around 3 weeks or longer without issues. The unopened stock gets stored just as Steve does in the bar fridge.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by jim LI View Post
    I have been feeding my fish Al's FDBW with spinach for a couple of years. I usually freeze them and only take a handful out to feed. My question is how long does the unfrozen cubes last? will they go bad in say 2 weeks time? That's about how many i take out to feed them daily.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim,
    They have a shelf life of months ( 5-6 months easily) depending on you store them. Store protected from moisture, oxygen, and heat. A good suggestion is to store product in the refrigerator in an airtight container and take out only what you will need for a week, this can be stored at Room Temp in a ziplock bag or other container. Never use wet fingers to reach into the bag or leave the bag open. 2 weeks worth should be fine as long as the bag is sealed and airtight and you keep it dry.

* Keep out of reach of cats and dogs! They like it as much your fish will...especially dogs!

Hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Darn expensive dog food! Haha. Great for fish, tho!

Silver Member

Thanks, Al