AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Best website for buying discus

Registered Member

Default Best website for buying discus

I have been looking around on various discus websites that have been suggested to me. The best deals seem to be on Chicago discus. Has anyone experienced any issues with this website? How is the quality of the fish?

I'm also considering Uncle Sams Discus and Kenny's Discus, but their either out of stock or their website is down right now, but any information on these websites would be greatly appreciated.

Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: Best website for buying discus

I have purchased from Kenny and can say the quality of his fish and customer service are superb. You have to sign up to get email and then check it often because he sells out quickly. I liked his large assortment and reasonable prices. He takes the time to explain things I didn’t know such as peppering as the fish gets bigger. When he was sold out of a fish I wanted, the one he recommended is now my favorite one. When Fed Ex wasn’t going to make the Friday delivery and my fish spent the weekend in route in some warehouse (not Kenny’s fault), he was on the phone with them and me. He shipped them Wed. and was right on top of it. He let me know ahead of time and spoke to managers etc. etc. and kept me up to date. I expected to pick up dead fish on Mon, but I only lost 2. He replaced those and gave me 1st pick on his next months order. His excellent packing skills saved the other 5. It was a newly sterilized tank and he sent me a seeded filter for a little extra and guided me through my first few days. His fish are clean as he treats them before they are shipped. I can’t say enough good things about him. Again, I can’t say anything bad about any of the sponsors here. They all have good reputations. He took a bad experience and really went the extra mile. He was right there on the phone with me through it all and told me what to do when I got my fish home. I was a new discus keeper. He was incredible. My second shipment went without a hitch. Needless to say I don’t do Fri shipments anymore. Hope that helps
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Bill G.

I agree w Pices......Kenny's is the best. I've ordered twice from him and was extremely pleased and the fish are ultra-quality. His customer service is truly fantastic. Call him and discuss what you'd want and when he gets his monthly stock, he'll let u know.

Any of the sponsors here are good. I've ordered from both Chicago and Kenny and have gotten good fish from both. I haven't ordered from Uncle Sam's but they certainly had excellent fish at the last NADA.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Any of the sponsors here are good. I've ordered from both Chicago and Kenny and have gotten good fish from both. I haven't ordered from Uncle Sam's but they certainly had excellent fish at the last NADA.
    I agree that both Kenny & Chicago discus supply high quality healthy stock & have done so for many years.
    I don't believe you could go wrong buying from either one of them.

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Lloyd

I have not purchased mine yet but I can say that Kenny is great with answering questions. As soon as I am ready that's where I will begetting mine.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Ashton, you can also checkout the sponsor boards of Kenny's Discus, Chicago Discus and Uncle Sam's Discus here on the forum as they are all SimplyDiscus sponsors. Also I noted you are in Ca. You might check to see how close you are to Kenny's Discus location.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Steve

Kenny brings in a shipment monthly, usually sells out within a couple weeks, and I think often then is unavailable for about a week, preferring to focus on family. His reputation for quality allows him to work his schedule this way. It's close to time for him to post another shipment. If you are interested in fish from him, I would shop his previous postings and get an idea of what you want, send him an email (Kennysdiscus@gmail.com), and wait for his rely. He will get back to you. When he posts, you need to be ready to order quickly. The best of his shipments are usually spoken for within a couple days.

You may, also, want to call/email over to Chgo Discus too....I've found both Josie and Miranda very knowledgeable....and very helpful....

Who ever you choose, I'm sure that you won't be disappointed....
    http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
    - Douglas Adams

Registered Member

Discus Hans has awesome fish and great customer service.

Real Name
    Kevin

I think the point everyone is trying to make is that you can't go wrong by using any of the simply discus sponsors. Good luck with whomever you choose and be sure to leave reviews when you have your new additions.