AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Me!

Default Lucky Me!

I have to get down from a big fish room to 5 tanks. I have this thing with my back that will need surgery so when I can't do it myself my nephew who lives in London will have to do it. I have to make it as easy as I can for him.

I called my small LPS yesterday and told them about my situation. They are so kind...They will take 50 fish of what ever size I have. That will of be great help. I'll still have tanks of Angels that I must dispose of. I will have to kill most of them. I don't have it in me to bag and pack fish for an Aquabid buyer. I'll do it for anyone here who wants some. If you want Angels PM me and I will tell you what I have.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: Lucky Me!

Oh man I wish I had another tank! You have the best angels! I love mine!
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Real Name
    Willie

So sorry to hear about this, Liz. Your halfblack adults are doing spectacularly well in my tank. Wish I had more room also.

My best wishes, Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Thanks Pat and Willie.
    Mama Bear

Liz, Thats a real bummer to hear about! I hope the surgery goes well and you are back on your feet soon. I wish I had room for some here. I have seen many people get great fish from you.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Thanks Al.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Thomas

Sorry to hear about your back problems...
    I really hope that you'll be able to get back to doing what you love soon after the surgery!

I don't really know how things are done in the US and how far away from other people you live (or how far people are willing to drive for fish).
    Are you too far from any fish clubs that could organise something for your angels? I know nothing about angels but I had never seen angels as nice as the one you've raised!
    Do you necessarily have to ship the fish or can people come collect them at your place?

Whatever happens to your fish, I hope you'll get better soon

Registered Member

Liz,
    Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get well soon. The fish will always be around just take care of yourself first.

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by thomaswal View Post
    Sorry to hear about your back problems...
    I really hope that you'll be able to get back to doing what you love soon after the surgery!

I don't really know how things are done in the US and how far away from other people you live (or how far people are willing to drive for fish).
    Are you too far from any fish clubs that could organise something for your angels? I know nothing about angels but I had never seen angels as nice as the one you've raised!
    Do you necessarily have to ship the fish or can people come collect them at your place?

Whatever happens to your fish, I hope you'll get better soon
    I live way in the countryside in the southern part of the country. There is little interest in fish down here. No fish clubs, nobody wanting to beat a path to my door. Heck, I'd give Angels away if someone would come to me for them.

If worse comes to worst, which I expect it will, I will do what I have to do.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Liz,
    Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get well soon. The fish will always be around just take care of yourself first.

Cliff
    Thank you Cliff.
    Mama Bear

This is the best thing that could have happend to me happened.. A member from Ohio wants to drive 10 hours here and 10 hrs. back home to get as many free Angels as he can handle. He has big empty tanks where he can keep them and he has fish stores where he can sell them.

Finally a bit of good news on Friday the 13th.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Chris

I am so sorry to hear about your back problems. Best wishes for a quick recovery from your surgery. If I lived in the area I would take care of your fish until you were on your feet again but unfortunately I am all the way across the country.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you, Chris.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    This is the best thing that could have happend to me happened.. A member from Ohio wants to drive 10 hours here and 10 hrs. back home to get as many free Angels as he can handle. He has big empty tanks where he can keep them and he has fish stores where he can sell them.

Finally a bit of good news on Friday the 13th.
    This is what I love about the hobby. Somebody is getting a heck of a deal, even though there is a 20 hour round trip drive involved. Often, the receiving person, can ship some fish back to the originator (if he or she wants them) in the future for the cost of freight at most.
    Well wishes Liz, speedy recovery, and hopes that your horse won't raid the chicken coop too much during your recovery.

Real Name
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Pices View Post
    Oh man I wish I had another tank! You have the best angels! I love mine!
    My reply sounds heartless not mentioning Liz’s back problem, but I already knew as we’ve talked and emailed. Liz knows I’ve “got her back” so to speak. If I sound like a jerk, it’s understandable, but far from true.
    I didn’t know Liz found a home for her angels and that’s the happy ending for everyone-especially the angels! I’m hoping this “best thing that could’ve happened” wave you’re on continues Liz.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast