ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NADA 2018 Show Discus Winners

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: NADA 2018 Show Discus Winners

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Don't be modest lol. Pat was invaluable to this huge project. I'd also like to thank Ralph and Rich for assistance as well. Rich followed me for hours moving my flash, coaxing the discus, and it was really helpful.
    We made a good team Ricardo and I also would like to thank Rick and Steve for helping with the fish wrangling. That second person helping with positioning the fish and flash sure does help with the photos and time spent on each fish.

I have to give many kudos to Matt for photographing past shows by himself. I do not know how he did it and it sure takes a lot of time and work.

I also had a blast at the show and got to meet so many people whom I have known but never meet, Keith, Rick (ok, said hi to Rick at the 2014 show), Ralph, Steve, Ricardo, Mike T., Cristina G., Jack Taylor, Jenene, Joe (two utes) and family and many ones as things are still a blur. lol. Also great to see John, his daughter Jamie (that is a kickass lady) and his family, Paul Butler, Andrew Soh, Larry, Rick, Wille, Barb, Linda Oi, Paul (discuspaul), Hans, Bob, Jerry and many others. If I missed any one shoot me a pm and I will add you here.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I had a great time, as I always do at NADA, and it was so good to meet new people and get reacquainted with all the folks I already know. Thank you all who put so much work into this show! I didn't take pics this time.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

I had an absolutely super time at my first show.

It was a pleasure I won't forget to finally meet & chat with so many familiar names from over the years - to name a few - Keith, Larry, Ricardo, Steve, Barb, Hans, Ralph, John N., Willie, Rick, Paul Butler, Joe, Bob, Jerry, Jenene, Linda, and several others I can't think of at the moment.
    Pat & hubby Tom were the only persons I had met before but it was great to renew the acquaintance.

What a wonderful show put on by so many hard-working, dedicated people !

Sure hope I can make it to the next one, wherever that may be.

Oh, in the meantime I'll have my wife take a better pic of me for the avatar - lol

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Thank you and Ricardo from me too! Really good photos, they do justice to those stellar discus

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Was truly a pleasure to meet you Ralph
    The pleasure meeting you Joe and our short talks was enough to put you on top on my most memorable interesting people I have met list. I really enjoyed your company and opened up my eyes to how important life in general is and to live to the fullest. I hope you and your family enjoy the rest of your North American travel tour before returning back home to Australia.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Steve

I'll jump in and say likewise, it was great to again see folks I met in Chicago, all the new folks, and particularly those I've known here on SD and could finally meet. I was also truly honored to win the bred by exhibitor class (I hope folks will forgive the bit of ammonia burn in the show pic, but that can happen when shipping). Also glad folks enjoyed the blue cheese I brought (Sorry Paul, they don't ship to Canada ).

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiscus View Post
    I'll jump in and say likewise, it was great to again see folks I met in Chicago, all the new folks, and particularly those I've known here on SD and could finally meet. I was also truly honored to win the bred by exhibitor class (I hope folks will forgive the bit of ammonia burn in the show pic, but that can happen when shipping). Also glad folks enjoyed the blue cheese I brought (Sorry Paul, they don't ship to Canada ).

Steve
    Well Steve, I'll definitely find a reason to get down to Oregon, sometime in the near future hopefully, to get some of that superb blue cheese - what a treat that was - many thanks for bringing some to the show !

Give my regards to Cindy - a pleasure meeting her.

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks Paul. If you do get a chance to come down, be sure to let me know so we can get together.

Real Name
    Ricardo

That blue cheese....if Steve didn't keep insisting that others were going to come after a talk to try the cheese, I would have ate the whole slab by myself

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Yeah Ricardo, I could have done that too.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I totally missed the blue cheese
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123