pic of month     Australian Blackworms

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Worm Feeder Cones

  1. #1
    Homesteader
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    26
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Frank Jones

    Default Worm Feeder Cones

    Hereís a dumb question. I noted that many turn the worm feeder upside down when feeding Alís FDBW. Sounds like a great idea! My cone and the ring separate from each other. What type of glue or adhesive do you use to fix the cone and ring together? I assume silicone? Maybe yours came as a single unit.

    Frank

  2. #2
    Registered Member 0Dgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    343
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Worm Feeder Cones

    I've used aquarium silicone on them in the past, lately I've just been securing them together with fishing line...either way has worked for me.
    Mike

  3. #3
    Administrator brewmaster15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Northford,CT,USA
    Posts
    21,897
    Blog Entries
    5
    iTrader
    218 (100%)

    Default Re: Worm Feeder Cones

    Honestly they are so cheap they probably arent worth fixing.I have a whole mess of them I bought to add to stock but never did.If anyone wants some just mention it on your next order and I will include them free WHILE i have them. I personally dont use them on either the cubes or loose worms I feed.
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!


    >>>>>We really could use your support. Please DONATE HERE Thanks!


    Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

  4. #4
    Moderator Team Adam S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    371
    iTrader
    4 (100%)

    Default Re: Worm Feeder Cones

    If you have the Lee's type, the cone portion makes a nice strainer for Python gravel vacs.

  5. #5
    Homesteader
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    26
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Frank Jones

    Default Re: Worm Feeder Cones

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Dgreen View Post
    I've used aquarium silicone on them in the past, lately I've just been securing them together with fishing line...either way has worked for me.
    Fishing line. Have not thought about that -- probably because it might upset the fish! lol.

  6. #6
    Homesteader
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    26
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Frank Jones

    Default Re: Worm Feeder Cones

    Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Honestly they are so cheap they probably arent worth fixing.I have a whole mess of them I bought to add to stock but never did.If anyone wants some just mention it on your next order and I will include them free WHILE i have them. I personally dont use them on either the cubes or loose worms I feed.
    al
    That's true. It's not broke. It came separable. I gather from your response that there are those that are not.

  7. #7
    Homesteader
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    26
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Frank Jones

    Default Re: Worm Feeder Cones

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam S View Post
    If you have the Lee's type, the cone portion makes a nice strainer for Python gravel vacs.

    It is a Lee-type. That's an idea!
    Thanks to all the helpful responses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

pic of month             AquaticSuppliers.com