AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Levamisole

Registered Member

Default Levamisole

De-worming with levamisole. Do you feed the Discus during the 24 hour treatment?

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: Levamisole

I treat by giving it in their food, so can’t see why not. The advantage of not feeding will be that you don’t need to do a water change for the 24 hrs

Real Name
    Filip

Hi and welcome Jaybug.
    People here often report loss of appetite during deworming treatments both with prazi or
    levamisole . It won't harm if you skip a feed or two anyways.

If I'm not mistaken , levamisole was 48 hours treat and praziquantel was 24 hours (please recheck this info here again).
    You may also use Epsom salt after the treat to help them purge death worms out of their gut , if any present .

Registered Member

I treated my tank with levamisole to deworm and 24 hours later did a 75% water change in my 75 gallon tank. Fish seem to be doing well but I’ve had a ammonia rise. A day later I’m getting.25 ammonia readings. Nitrite is 0 and nitrate is around 10, ph is 6.8. Tank is at 76 degrees. Sand bottom, two plants not very big plants to call it a planted tank. I treated with prime and added the Fluval ammonia remover pebbles to my canister filter and ammonia is still around .25. I’m starting to think my bio load was effected by the meds. I have a bottle of Seachem stability, but I have never used it before. Do you guys think I should add it to the tank. I’m worried about the ammonia level, first time I’ve ever had a spike.