ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random NADA Show Pics

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Random NADA Show Pics

For those that weren't there, here are some random pics from the event. Fish room / Breakfast w/ speaker Q&A / Dinner Banquet for Show Winners. Would take me for ever to name everyone and there are a lot of names i still do not know. This gives you an idea of how the event looks but there is nothing like being there in person and interacting with other discus nuts lol. Enjoy

DSC07396 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07397 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07399 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07400 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07401 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07402 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07403 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07405 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07406 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07408 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07409 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07410 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07429 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07431 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr
    Andrew Soh managing the desk! lol

DSC07432 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07434 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07435 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07436 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07437 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07438 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07439 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07441 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07443 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07444 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07452 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07462 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

DSC07481 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Random NADA Show Pics

For any of you that didn't know me (I've been kind of MIA for over a year) @ NADA, i was the guy with the annoying flash blinding people all the time lol. I saw a lot of new faces at the show which is a great thing! I need to get more active here to keep up with all the new people

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    For any of you that didn't know me (I've been kind of MIA for over a year) @ NADA, i was the guy with the annoying flash blinding people all the time lol. I saw a lot of new faces at the show which is a great thing! I need to get more active here to keep up with all the new people
    Although briefly it was great to finally meet you Ricardo. For the first time i can say that i know and recognize some of those people in your pictures. You did a fantastic job documenting all those discus, and in some cases they looked better in your pictures than what they did in real life. This is because of your dedication and passion to wait for the right opportunity for the perfect shot. Thanks again for your input on here and at the NADA show.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Great pics Ricardo. I am still pulling randoms shot off my phone and working thru the rest of the show fish pics. You sure did a great job with the pics.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Pic. 7436
    Look for the man in the yellow shirt, red hat, on the left side of the pic. He bought several cones from me and then asked if I knew how he could buy show fish. I told him what I knew from past shows. On Sat. eve. he told me thanks for the info. and he had bought 20 show fish to take home with him, He had a 5 gal. bucket for each fish. He kept to himself for the whole convention and was usually alone, nobody talking with him. He was there with his wife and grand daughter from Conn. I think. Did any of you see him or talk with him? He knows his discus!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Pic. 7436
    Look for the man in the yellow shirt, red hat, on the left side of the pic. He bought several cones from me and then asked if I knew how he could buy show fish. I told him what I knew from past shows. On Sat. eve. he told me thanks for the info. and he had bought 20 show fish to take home with him, He had a 5 gal. bucket for each fish. He kept to himself for the whole convention and was usually alone, nobody talking with him. He was there with his wife and grand daughter from Conn. I think. Did any of you see him or talk with him? He knows his discus!
    Barb
    I spoke with him a bit. His name was John. He must have been a local guy.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Great stuff, Ricardo - many thanks for posting these pics !

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Although briefly it was great to finally meet you Ricardo. For the first time i can say that i know and recognize some of those people in your pictures. You did a fantastic job documenting all those discus, and in some cases they looked better in your pictures than what they did in real life. This is because of your dedication and passion to wait for the right opportunity for the perfect shot. Thanks again for your input on here and at the NADA show.
    It was great meeting you too Joe! I must admit, I met some new people and I just couldn't keep the name stored in my memory bank lol. However, I knew you were Two Utes and I pictured your avatar when I met you

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Great pics Ricardo. I am still pulling randoms shot off my phone and working thru the rest of the show fish pics. You sure did a great job with the pics.
    Pat
    Thanks Pat. I didn't really get a chance to get many walk through shots as we were super busy with the discus pics, but I did what I could when I could lol. Feel free to add them here if you'd like. Or anyone else please feel free to add pics here as well.

Pic. 7436
    Barb
    I only very briefly got to speak to him. I wish I could have chatted more to him and other attendees but I just couldn't make it happen. I just know he was having a great time by the look on his face. Does anyone know if he is a member?

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I spoke with him a bit. His name was John. He must have been a local guy.
    Pat
    That's what I figured as well. He did have a room at the hotel though.

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Great stuff, Ricardo - many thanks for posting these pics !
    Of course Paul. I got a video of the blue cheese. May post that lol.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Cafepress.com

Won't forget the taste of that delicious cheese !!!
    Could easily make a whole meal out of that.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Pic. 7436
    Barb
    I'm pretty sure he came from Conn. He was not local, he told me he had traveled to get there.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Barb - I spoke with John briefly several times, first when he checked in of course. The second time was shortly after Peter Loh told me he wanted to buy his RGDs that I already had. That conversation took place just outside the showroom and started out with me saying I understand we have the same taste in discus.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

A big thanks to Jenene for making this picture possible. Hope you liked the glass of wine, which is all she got for these beauties.

Cookie Cropped.jpg
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    A big thanks to Jenene for making this picture possible. Hope you liked the glass of wine, which is all she got for these beauties.
    It was a pleasure to meet you and some of the other NADA committee Keith. Thanks for all the hard work all you guys put into making such an event come together. Thanks also for selling me five lucky raffle tickets. I managed to bring some cool prizes back home to Australia with me. Sadly the bulk fish food was confiscated by customs here in Australia. The cookies where certainly a nice touch, and i would like to personally thank Jenene for making them. Good job!
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Well at least they only found the fish food Joe and not the good stuff you smuggled back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast