ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water change pic

Registered Member

Default Water change pic

Just wanted to put a pic up of my 90 gallon water change. There are eight "white faced yellows" (orange lol) . I have been thinking of strictly wood but haven't gone there yet. discus 7.jpg

Registered Member

Default Re: Water change pic

discus8.jpg

Completed. Takes about 45 minutes at 70% change. Sorry for horrible color in the pics.

Registered Member

Removed angelfish tonight that was definitely trying to be the boss. Can't have that !!!!! Lovely fish and thought it may work ( trying to keep that angel) but the last few days was a sign he had to go.

Registered Member

angel.jpgLong story on this one angel but it's too bad. Off to the store tomorrow. Will be ok tonight in my granddaughters tank with pineapple house and sponge bob.

Real Name
    Patty

Nice tank-looks like it’d be a bear to keep clean. How often do you do wc? Your angelfish sounds like some chihuahuas that think they are big dogs. Ha was he getting territorial or picking on the discus? What other fish have you got in there? Are those rams? Your tank looks very nice. I tried sand after mine were grown, but ended up tossing it after dealing with a sick discus. Kudos to you for spending the time and a having a beautiful tank to show for it.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

Registered Member

Thank you for kind words. I am a bit embarressed with the tank and pics. I was bare bottom with them for months and they have grown quite nicely.At least fellow hobbyists think so.Water changes were daily at 75% in a 40 breeder.(2-3 inchers) I moved them to the 90 at around 9 months with very little substrate a a few upright pieces of driftwood. I can go on and on .In the meantime I do 50-75% waterchanges every 2-3 days depending on mood. But never past three days.I decided to go plants a few months ago, and am always thinking to remove them and completely concentrate on the fish and growing them to potential.
    Anyway the substratye is a combination of silica sand and natural gravel (brownish) and all has been going great. I have never had an issue with their health. They eat 95%beefheart mix with supplements of frozen blood worms, spirulina brine and flakes. I am considering a 155 bowfront that may be available from a fish buddy ( close but not quite ther lol). Waiting on him. I hope to get better pics up or videos up soon. Thanks again.

Registered Member

Oh and the angel was being too aggressive for my liking. Some discus were quite shy of him.Kept a close eye, but 2 weeks in removed it tonight.

Registered Member

They are not show quality but I did get them on the cheap at $10 each and was determined to do it right. I am pleased with the results thus far.
    Jeepers, I have 7 electric blue acara in there.They are a project.
    Last edited by megatrev62; 07-25-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Real Name
    Filip

Nice tank and discus Megatrev .
    If they are 9 months old they still got some time left to grow .
    There is too much activity all around your tank bottom IMO. Try to at least sort the plants and stones in a manner that would leave an open area for feeding .
    Please send some better Macro shots of your discus for us to get a better picture about them .

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Nice tank and discus Megatrev .
    If they are 9 months old they still got some time left to grow .
    There is too much activity all around your tank bottom IMO. Try to at least sort the plants and stones in a manner that would leave an open area for feeding .
    Please send some better Macro shots of your discus for us to get a better picture about them .
    Will get a few pics up , closer shots, but still waiting on a good time with better camera

Registered Member

Registered Member

Not much sense posting these pics. Will get some better pics up later.

Registered Member

Registered Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast